Man charged with stealing father’s custom knife, drug offenses
By Shavonne Walker
CHINA GROVE — A Rowan man faces drug and theft charges after his father told authorities he believed his son stole a custom knife from his home. The knife and drug paraphernalia were found in the son’s vehicle, officials said.
Tony Stirewalt reported the theft Thursday from his Hidden Pond Lane home in China Grove. He told authorities his son, Jamie Stirewalt, did not have permission to be at the home. He said his knife was missing and believed Jamie took it.
Authorities were able to connect with Jamie Stirewalt and saw the knife in the back seat inside his vehicle. The deputy searched the vehicle and found two white straws with white powder on them and pills prescribed to Jamie Stirewalt. Officials said Jamie Stirewalt had a white powder substance in his left nostril.
Oftentimes people will crush pills and snort them, said Sheriff’s Detective David Ramsey.
Jamie Stirewalt remains the Rowan County Detention Center under a $5,000 secured bond.
Jamie Stirewalt, 34, was charged with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
In other Rowan Sheriff’s reports:
• Americanland Corporation reported Sunday someone dumped a pile of lawn debris in a cul-de-sac in the 200 block of Torrington Drive, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported Sunday he was the victim of a knife assault in the 5800 block of Bertie Avenue.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of an assault in the 1000 block of St. Matthews Church Road.
• A man reported Sunday he was the victim of fraud by false pretenses in the 2400 block of Wind Swept Way, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Monday she was the victim of credit card fraud in the 14900 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported Monday she was assaulted in the 300 block of Hope Mill Road.
• A woman reported Monday she was the victim of a physical assault in the 800 block of St. Andrews Church Road, Woodleaf.
• Ethan Earl Albert Locklear, 24, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor marijuana possession in the 100 block of Cannon Farm Road, China Grove.
• Franlin Santos Ortiz, 25, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Cory Maddison Crump, 22, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 1000 block of St. Matthews Church Road.
• Hughey Allison Crump, 60, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault while at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• Heather Daye Barbee, 40, was charged with misdemeanor authorized use of vehicle while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
In Salisbury Police reports:
• A woman reported Saturday she as the victim of an assault in the 1000 block of Klumac Road.
• A juvenile was shot by another child with an airsoft BB gun in the 900 block of Fairmont Avenue.
• A man reported Sunday someone took his vehicle without being authorized in the 200 block of Castlewood Drive.
• Henderson School reported Monday a student had a knife in her bra, she said, for protection.
• Clancy Hills Apartments reported Monday someone damaged the door by kicking it.
• Jaylyn Manquel McCombs, 19, and Madison Paige Putnam, also 19, were charged Saturday with misdemeanor marijuana possession in the 100 block of East Fisher and South Main streets.
• Dwayne Jahquan Means, 23, was charged Saturday with felony motor vehicle theft in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
By Shavonne Walker firstname.lastname@example.org GRANITE QUARRY — A 75-year-old man riding a scooter Tuesday received head injuries after he collided... read more