• 64°

Rowan weather: Sunny and very warm

It’s going to be another hot day, with a high of 85 and light northwest wind of 5-7 mph this afternoon.

Tonight’s low will be 54.

It will be partly sunny Wednesday, and a bit cooler, with a high of 73. Winds will shift to the east northeast around 7-10 mph. The low will be 51.

We have a 20 percent chance of showers Thursday after 11 a.m. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny and 76, with south wind at 5-10 mph. The chance of rain goes up to 30 percent Thursday night, with a low of 60.

Friday has a 60 percent chance of showers, mostly in the afternoon. It will be mostly cloudy and 74. The chance of rain drops to 40 percent Friday night, but thunderstorms are possible. The low will be 54.

Farmers and gardeners could sure use a nice rain — it’s been a dry spring.

The weekend looks really good.

Saturday will be mostly sunny and 75, with a low of 51. Sunday will be sunny and 78,m with a low of 55.

Even Monday looks good, with sunny skies and a high near 81.

Comments

Crime

Blotter: Man brandishes AR-15, runs over motorcycle at Rockwell-area gas station

Crime

Salisbury man charged with exploitation of minor

Crime

Road rage incident results in assault charges

Local

Dukeville lead testing results trickle in, more participation needed

Education

Faith Academy interviewing staff, preparing site for fall opening

News

Volunteers work around obstacles, alter procedures to offer free tax services to those in need

Education

Education shoutouts

Local

Retired Marine gets recognition for toy collection efforts

Local

March issue of Salisbury the Magazine is now available

Education

Five get Dunbar School Heritage Scholarships

Education

Education briefs: Salisbury Academy fourth-graders think big as inventors

Education

Bakari Sellers keynote speaker at Livingstone College Founder’s Day program

Nation/World

Biden aims to distribute masks to millions in ‘equity’ push

Nation/World

Chief: Capitol Police were warned of violence before riot

Nation/World

GOP rallies solidly against Democrats’ virus relief package

Nation/World

FDA says single-dose shot from Johnson & Johnson prevents severe COVID

High School

Coaches, lawmakers react to governor’s order expanding sporting event capacity

Coronavirus

Three new COVID-19 deaths, positives remain below triple digits

BREAKING NEWS

Gov. Cooper announces end to curfew, changes to restrictions affecting bars, high school sports

Crime

Blotter: Two charged after call about package

Crime

Salisbury Police investigating two shootings

Crime

Chase involving Kernersville man ends in woods behind Carson High School

News Main

North Rowan girls end season with playoff loss to Murphy

Education

Rowan-Salisbury EC department plunges in place after raising $1,300 for Special Olympics