Rowan weather: Wind won’t let up

Published 8:16 am Thursday, April 7, 2016

The rain ended early this morning and the sun is shining, although we still have a 40 percent chance of showers today.

The wind will be quite strong — 15-17 mph from the west southwest, with gusts up to 30 mph. The high will be 67.

There’s a 20 percent chance of showers tonight, with a low of 43 and winds from the west at 9-17 mph, with gusts up to 32 mph.

Friday will be mostly sunny and cooler, with a high near 59 and west wind at 6-11 mph. The low will be 36, with continued winds from the west at 9 mph.

Saturday will be sunny, cooler and windy again. The high will be 50, with winds from the west at 9-14 mph in the morning and 15-20 mph in the afternoon, with more gusts around 30 mph. It looks like Saturday night will be clear and calm, with a low of 28. A freeze watch or warning has not been issued, but that’s cold enough to do serious damage to plants, so take precautions.

Sunday will be sunny with a high of 58. Sunday night will be partly cloudy with a low of 40.

Monday will be mostly sunny and 71, with a 40 percent chance of showers moving in after midnight and a low around 55.

The chance of rain Tuesday is 70 percent, with cloudy skies and a high of 68. The rain chance drops to 30 percent Tuesday night, with a low of 48.

Wednesday should be partly sunny and 65.

Comments