Woman cited for not paying cab fare when friend refuses
Published 4:25 pm Thursday, March 31, 2016
By Shavonne Walker
Salisbury Police cited a woman for not paying her cab fare after she said her friend paid it for her on previous occasions and this time refused.
Kean O’Kelly, 33, was issued a citation for hiring to defraud a cab driver, on Wednesday when she was picked up at 1712 N. Long St. and driven to the 1200 block of Old Plank Road. The ride resulted in a $11.25 tab. Police officials say when the driver arrived at the friend’s house he wasn’t paying.
O’Kelly said in the past the man had sent her text messages instructing her to get a cab and when she’d get to his house, he’d pay. But police say he’d paid four times before, but not this time.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday she was the victim of online fraud.
• A woman reported Wednesday a domestic disturbance occurred in the 200 block of John Penn Circle.
• Mario Laron Rankin, 31, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female by male over 18 and Taneisha Nicole Watson, 24, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault, both in the 200 block of John Penn Circle.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Tuesday someone used a fake check to gain access to her account in the 500 block of Woodland Creek Drive.
• A woman reported Tuesday she was the victim of a knife assault in the 200 block of Deb Street, Woodleaf.
• A woman reported Tuesday she was the victim of vandalism in the 1000 block of Hawkinstown Road.
• A man reported Tuesday a larceny occurred in the 1100 block of East 22nd Street, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Tuesday he was the victim of fraud in the 200 block of Fry Street, China Grove.
• A man reported Tuesday a larceny occurred in the 800 block of old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• Matthew David Wishon, 28, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule II while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.