• 46°

Rowan weather: Clearing and windy

Skies will gradually clear this morning and we’ll warm up to 74, but we can’t shake those March winds, which will come from the west northwest at 5-14 mph, with gusts up to 22 mph.

Patchy fog is likely until about 11 a.m. Tonight will be clear with a low of 42 and north winds at 7 mph.

Tuesday will be sunny and cooler, with a high of 65. The wind will calm to 5-7 mph from the north northwest. The low will be 40.

Wednesday will be sunny again, with a high of 67 and winds from the south at 5-9 mph in the morning. A 30 percent chance of showers moves in by 3 a.m., and the low will be 53.

There’s a 70 percent chance of showers Thursday, with cloudy skies and a high of 70. Showers and storms are likely Thursday night, with a low of 60.

Friday also has a 70 percent chance of rain, with showers and thunderstorms throughout the day. The high will be 74 under cloudy skies. The rain chance drops off to 30 percent Friday night, with a low of 46.

Mostly sunny for Saturday with a high of 65. The low will be 43.

Sunday should be sunny and 66.

Comments

Coronavirus

10% of Rowan residents receive first dose; eight COVID-19 deaths reported this week

News

North Carolina State Highway Patrol commander to retire

Education

UNC School of the Arts may go for online learning due to COVID-19 spread

Coronavirus

Greensboro site to administer 3,000 daily vaccine doses starting March 10

Nation/World

$1.9 billion relief bill closer to passage in House

Nation/World

Lady Gaga’s dogs recovered safely

Coronavirus

Advisers OK single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J

Local

Post wins 18 N.C. Press Association Awards

Education

Cooper vetoes bill that would force K-12 schools to reopen

Local

Lanning named Spencer’s fire chief

Crime

Blotter: Feb. 26

Crime

Salisbury, Kannapolis men charged with soliciting sexual acts

News

Racial bias ‘deeply entrenched’ in report critical of Apex Police Department

Nation/World

US bombs facilities in Syria used by Iran-backed militia

Elections

City council again dismisses idea of adding new member, focus now on recommendation to delay elections

Business

‘Let’s make some money:’ Loosened restrictions praised by bar owners, baseball team

High School

Salisbury High bucks historical trend in dominant shutout of West Rowan

Enochville

Garage declared total loss after Enochville fire

Crime

Cooper, N.C. prison officials agree to release 3,500 inmates

Coronavirus

Two more COVID-19 deaths reported in Rowan, six for the week

Crime

Blotter: Man brandishes AR-15, runs over motorcycle at Rockwell-area gas station

Crime

Salisbury man charged with exploitation of minor

Crime

Road rage incident results in assault charges

Local

Dukeville lead testing results trickle in, more participation needed