Posters March 16
• Salisbury Planning Board Committee 1 will meet Wednesday, March 16, 3 p.m., at 217 S. Main St.,Council Chamber of City Hall to discuss CD-01-2016, The Abbey.
• Operation Enduring Freedom/ Operation Iraq Freedom (OEF/OIF) Veterans first meeting, 5 p.m. March 17. Refreshments provided by DAV Chapter 96 of Rowan County. Held at J.F. Hurley YMCA, Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Mount Olivet UMC Spring Bake Sale – 9 a.m.-noon March 19. Country breakfast, jams, jellies, casseroles, cakes, cookies, more. 301 Mt Olivet Road, Concord, 704-782-8846.
• Great Women and Men United inaugural Easter Egg Hunt, noon-3 p.m., March 19: Music, food, family fun, games, candy, lots of Easter eggs. Cannon Park, Park Ave. Free to the community. Info: Chariel Dye 704-738-7077.
• Spencer Jaycees annual Easter Egg Hunt, 1 p.m. March 19: 8th Street Ball Park, Spencer, for ages 0-12. Games, prizes, candy, temporary tattoos plus a special visit from the Easter bunny. All activities are free, bring your own basket.
• Rhema Praise and Worship 5th Annual Women’s Conference March 18-20. 117 Long Ferry Road, Spencer. Theme “Tell Your Heart to Beat Again.” Friday features choirs, soloists and praise dancers. Saturday registration is 8 a.m., $10. Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
• Casino trip to Harrah’s Cherokee with The Steppin’ Out Social Club, Friday April 1. Leaving from old Salisbury Mall Belk’s parking lot 6 p.m. Friday, returning 8 a.m. Saturday. Cost is $40 and $20 returned upon arrival at casino. Money due ASAP. Call 704-232-5201 to pay for your seat. Small coolers welcome.
• Antique and odds-&-ends sale at the Rowan County Fairgrounds. 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Admission $1 for adults, free parking. Information, 704-425-9838.
SALISBURY — There’s something that feels really American about voting at the Wagon Wheel. This place — it used to... read more