• 41°

Rowan weather: Showers today, tonight

This week will offer lots of different weather, from hot to cool, rain, sun, storms, fog, you name it.

Today you may be seeing fog, which should burn off eventually. Expect isolated showers from noon to 2 p.m., then showers and thunderstorms after 2. It will be partly sunny and very warm, with a high of 78. The chance of rain is 40 percent. Some of the storms could be severe, with damaging winds and hail.

That chance goes up to 60 percent tonight, with more showers and storms, and a low of 54.

Tuesday will be sunny and 78, with southwest wind at 3-8 mph. The low will be 58.

Wednesday will be sunny and 80, with west southwest wind at 5-9 mph.

Thursday will be mostly sunny and 74, with a low of 46.

Friday will be partly sunny with a high of 67 and a low of 43.

Saturday brings a 40 percent chance of rain, cloudy skies and a high of 62. Showers are likely Saturday night, with a 60 percent chance of rain and a low of 44.

And Sunday, Palm Sunday, has a 50 percent chance of showers with mostly cloudy skies and a high of 60.

Comments

Coronavirus

State to vaccinate medically vulnerable starting March 24

Coronavirus

One new death, 20 new COVID-19 positives reported in Rowan

Kannapolis

Kannapolis man dies in moped crash

Crime

Salisbury Police chief addresses K-9 video, says officer separated from animal

Local

Rowan Rescue Squad sets record straight on fundraising typo

Local

City approves DOT agreement, Salisbury Station project could begin next year

Local

County plans to use vulture effigy, enforce violations to remedy animal carcass feeding problem

Education

Two weeks after ending enhanced protocols, Catawba has no COVID-19 cases

News

Council to hear revised version of Downtown Main Street Plan

Local

Veto override of NC school reopening bill fails in Senate

News

Political Notebook: Majority of likely voters, local legislators support school reopening bill

Coronavirus

COVID-19 vaccinations in Rowan top positives since start of pandemic

Crime

Man faces drug charges after breaking and entering call

Lifestyle

Waterworks schedules 2021 Summer ARTventures

Crime

Blotter: Man faces drug charges after being found passed out in vehicle

Ask Us

Ask Us: What programs exist for litter cleanup?

Business

County begins accepting restaurant grant applications

Crime

Blotter: Salisbury man charged with nine more felony sex offenses

Nation/World

Biden team readies wider economic package after virus relief

Nation/World

Spacewalking astronauts prep station for new solar wings

Nation/World

Cuomo sorry for remarks aide ‘misinterpreted’ as harassment

Nation/World

Trump calls for GOP unity, repeats lies about election loss

Education

Rowan County administers 700 vaccines, with majority going to local educators

Crime

Shoplifting at Walmart presents challenge for Salisbury police