NC Music Hall of Fame announces 2016 inductees
Published 12:00 am Thursday, March 10, 2016
Kannapolis — The North Carolina Music Hall of Fame has announced this year’s eight inductees. The induction ceremonies take place annually in October. The inductees are:
• The Avett Brothers – folk rock/bluegrass/Americana, from Concord.
• Band of Oz – popular pioneer Beach music band, from Raleigh.
• Chuck Brown (deceased) – funk guitarist known as the “Godfather of Go-go,” from Gaston.
• Rhiannon Giddens & The Carolina Chocolate Drops – Grammy award winning old time string band, from Greensboro and Durham.
• Percy Heath (deceased) – jazz musician/bassist and member of the Modern Jazz Quartet, born in Wilmington.
• David Holt – Grammy Award-winning folk musician and storyteller who appears regularly on PBS television, from Asheville.
• Kellie Pickler – country vocalist and American Idol contestant, born in Albemarle.
• Ron Tyson – longtime member
of the Temptations, from Monroe.
The Induction Ceremony will take place on Thursday, October 20, in Kannapolis. This red carpet event is open to the public. Tickets will go on sale early this summer online and at the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame Museum, 600 Dale Earnhardt Blvd., Kannapolis. Contact the Hall of Fame Museum for more details at www.NorthCarolinaMusicHallofFame.org or 704-934-2320.