Crime blotter: Man charged with stealing from employer
Published 5:22 pm Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Salisbury police say they’ve arrested a man for a crime that was committed last summer.
Corey Demont Bolt, 40, allegedly stole a gas-powered jackhammer from Perfect Party Rentals and Sales, 1819 S. Main St. The business reported the jackhammer, used to place tent stakes, stolen on July 3.
Police found the stolen item at E-Z Pawn on South Main Street. Police spokeswoman Shelia Lingle said Bolt asked a third party to pawn the item, claiming he had no ID.
Bolt was arrested on Tuesday evening in the 1100 block of Richard Street and charged with larceny by servants and other employees. He was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $7,500 secured bond.
Bolt has previously been charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle, possession of a schedule II controlled substance, assault inflicting serious injury, breaking and entering, receiving a stolen vehicle, assault on a female, larceny after breaking and entering and larceny exceeding $1000.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A man reported Tuesday that someone took rocks from nearby railroad tracks and threw them at cars parked in the 800 block of West Kerr Street.
- A man Tuesday reported a burglary in the 400 block of Pearl Street.
- A man reported that two vehicles parked at the Kmart on East Innes Street were broken into and had items stolen Tuesday.
- Police report that a hit an run occurred in the parking lot of the West Innes Street Pop Shoppe Wednesday.
- Jerry Glen Selph, 29, was charged Tuesday with possession of a controlled substance schedule I at Novant Health Rowan Medical Medical Center.
- Kieren Dirk Whitley, 23, was charged Wednesday in the 200 block of West Kerr Street with making a false report to a police radio broadcasting station.
- Nancy Ellen Tolley, 43, was charged Wednesday in the 600 block of East Lafayette Street with simple assault assault and battery or affray.
- Arthur Graham Francis, 62, was charged Wednesday in the 600 block East Lafayette Street with assault on a female.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- According to deputies, students at Erwin Middle School were charged Monday with possession of .01 grams of marijuana.
- A man reported a breaking and entering Monday in the 6600 block of Roberts Drive, Kannapolis.
- Deputies gave out a citation for simple possession Monday in the 900 block of E. N.C. 152 Highway, China Grove.
- Glenn David Ritchie, 55, was charged Monday in the 200 block Fleetwood Drive with indecent exposure.
- Rusty Dale Ray Propst, 24, was charged Monday in the 600 block of Franklin Street with possessing stolen goods.
- Thomas Francis Delong, 62, was charged Monday in the 100 block of Richfield Road, Richfield with frivolous prosecution.
- Yuseph Ali Marion, 21, was charged Monday in the 900 block East N.C. 152 Highway, China Grove with possession of a controlled substance.