Salisbury Academy students review ‘Taming of the Shrew’
This week eighth graders at Salisbury Academy went to see the Norvell’s production of the ‘Taming of the Shrew.’ After the show, each student wrote a review of the play.
- “The ‘Taming of the shrew’ was a very entertaining play that put a twist on classic Shakespeare literature. The actors and props were amazing!” – Virginia R.
- “It was a great play with an even better storyline. The cast was perfectly picked. Bianca was my favorite character because she was pretty and innocent, just like the character in the book. Definitely worth the time to watch!” – Ronni L.
- “The actors had a lot of theatrical talent. I enjoyed the storyline and all of the action.” – Jude L.
- “The show was entertaining and intriguing. There were so many passionate actors in the show. Laura was hilarious! Truly a great show.” -Emma N.
- “The play had a unique spin, considering it was set in the Old West. The people on stage made every second interesting. I didn’t even want to blink! Very good production, a 10 out of 10!” – Taron L.
- “I really liked the play! The cast was outstanding and it was perfectly written. I recommend it to everyone. It would make for a great night on the town.” – Charlie B.
- “I really enjoyed the play. It was really well thought out. The actors did a really good job and looked like they were having a great time. I would highly recommend seeing this play.” – Graham S.
- “The play was incredible because the actors played the parts perfectly and the set was very well built.” – Archie D.
- “I liked the play because it was very relatable. I liked the set, the actors, and how the play made you feel very happy and energetic. I would see this again!” – Walker H.
- “The Norvell’s the ‘Taming of the shrew’ was an interesting and an action-packed interpretation of the original play by William Shakespeare. I really enjoyed the main character, Kathryn, and while watching, you can feel the emotion being expressed through her actions, words and face. My favorite actor is Ben Zino, who acted as Petruchio, because he is a fantastic actor and he threw his sister during the ranch scene.” – Jessica J.
- “I thought the ‘Taming of the shrew’ was a terrific play. It kept me intrigued and laughing the whole time. The actors did a fantastic job of performing the great Shakespearian literature piece that The Taming of the Shrew was. I greatly recommend you go an enjoy the play.” – Madelynn C.
- “I think that the ‘Taming of the shrew’ was great, funny and well-put together.” – Quinn L.
- “I thought the ‘Taming of the shrew’ was really good! The actors were fantastic.” – Maggie D.
- “I thought that it was great! I was very impressed that all the actors remembered their long lines. I have acted before and this was very well done.” – Will F.
- “The old English in the play is very hard and the actors did an amazing job with English. I thought the Western vibe in the play made It easier to understand. The backdrops were amazing. I loved it!” – Emma S.
- “The play was really funny. I usually don’t understand Shakespeare but this play was very amusing. I personally thought Laura Bullock did an amazing job.” – Phoebe S.
- “The play was well-performed and included witty humor that kept audiences of varying ages intrigued. The modern interpretation was very interesting and the stage setting well-built.” – Madison D.
- “The ‘Taming of the shrew’ was surprising in many ways, like how the actors could capture the complexity of a William Shakespeare play and make it so the audience could understand what was going on. Although I haven’t read the play yet, this gave me a good idea of what it’s about. I look forward to seeing more plays.” – Caroline C.
- “ The ‘Taming of the shrew’ was very entertaining, and the Western interpretation was really great.” – Noah S.
- “The ‘Taming of the shrew’ was a well-interpreted version of what Shakespeare wrote with many wonderful actors. The actors all showed the Western style amazingly. The scenes were also well-made. In all it was a great play.” – Dominic C.
- “The ‘Taming of the shrew’ was a good interpretation of the original play written by William Shakespeare. The Western theme was a great way to get the point across. The great costumes helped us keep track of who was who. Altogether it was a great play!” – Sara P.
- “The Norvell’s version of the ‘Taming of the shrew’ was absolutely astonishing. The actors did a very good job of portraying the characters. Although I have never read the story, I feel like I have a vast understanding of the story.” – Julie K.
- “The ‘Taming of the shrew’ was a fantastic, well-done play. It told a comical story by William Shakespeare set in the Old West. The actors did not struggle and were very strong in their acting. I liked the play and recommend it to anyone who is interested.” – Mitch J.
- “I liked the play a lot and thought it was set out really well. The actors are all having fun which makes the play even better.” – Hank R.
- “The ‘Taming of the shrew’ was a tremendous play. I recommend it to anyone.” – Marshall O.
- “The ‘Taming of the shrew’ was great, because the acting was great, the story was great, and the props were great.” – Chad V.
- “I really liked the whole comedy theme. The actors were amazing at playing their roles.” – Emma M.
- “The play was an excellent interpretation from an English theme to a Western. The props were realistic and well-crafted, and the acting kept me on my seat. Stupendous!” – Patrick S.
The Taming of the Shrew is playing at the Norvell Theater Feb. 19-20 and 26-27 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults, and $8 for students and seniors. For tickets call 704-633-5471 or purchase online at PiedmontPlayers.com
How do visually impaired members of the community learn about space? Last week, local middle schoolers were invited to help... read more