Posters Jan. 13
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Deadline for Posters is 5 p.m.
• Rowan County Tea Party‘s first meeting of the year. Jan. 19 with Congresswoman (NC Dist 5) Virginia Foxx, who is running for re-election. BlueBay Restaurant on Statesville Blvd. 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• Tryouts for Salisbury Bulls Basketball Team for ages 8-9. Wednesday, Jan. 20, 6-7:30 p.m. Salisbury VA Medical Center Gym, 1601 Brenner Ave., Bldg. 6 Gym. For info, call Coach Prince Davis, 703-398-3573. Sponsored by AAU USA. Not a competitive AAU youth team with only 10 available roster spots. Additional teams can be formed if the turnout is sufficient. Also seeking coaches. Not endorsed or sponsored by Rowan-Salisbury Schools.
• Heavenly Hot Dog Sale Friday, Jan. 15, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mt. Olivet Rd. Best homemade desserts; free delivery mmore than $10, take-out available. 704-782-8846, www.mtochurch.com
• New prayer initiative sponsored by Dominion Counsel, 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 16, RPL Hurley Room. A group for those who want to pray for our region, regardless of denominational affiliation. Informational meeting only; all are welcome.
• Tops 437 weekly best losers: Carole Lewis, Nancy Fisher, Linda Ramsey, Manual Overcash. Monthly best losers Ruth Garvin. Yearly best loser Myra Overcash. Meets 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Lane Street Baptist Church, Kannapolis. Weigh-in 9:30. Information Linda Ramsey, 938-3634. Visitors welcome.