Blotter: Woman charged with statutory rape
Salisbury Police report that Sunday night a mother brought her 15 year-old son to the police station to report a sex offense. The mother told police that April Bostian Peoples, 34, had sexual relations with her son.
Peoples was charged with two counts of statutory rape and placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond. She has no previous charges in North Carolina.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A man reported a break in Friday at a residence in the 600 block of South Ellis Street.
- Henderson Independent High School reported that a student physically assaulted a teacher Friday.
- A woman reported a hit and run after another vehicle struck her car while it was parked in the Econo Lodge parking lot on South Jake Alexander Boulevard. The damage is estimated to be $800.
- A woman reported receiving counterfeit money Friday.
- Taco Bell on East Innes Street reported that someone attempted to pay with a counterfeit $10 bill Friday.
- A woman reported a burglary Friday in the 700 block of East Council Street.
- A woman reported Saturday that her ex-boyfriend came to her Mahaley Avenue apartment, attempted to kick down her door, and broke out her kitchen window with a rock.
- A woman reported an assault Saturday in the 300 block of Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue.
- Police seized marijuana Saturday at the corner of Faith Road and East Innes Street.
- A woman reported that her apartment in the 800 block of Maupin Avenue was burglarized Saturday.
- A man reported Sunday that his home in the 400 block of Elm Street was broken into and items stolen.
- A woman reported Sunday that a vehicle was stolen from the 2300 block of Statesville Boulevard.
- A man reported Sunday that he found a hole in the sun room window of his home in the 200 block of Sudley Circle and located a bullet lying on a book on a shelf just below the hole.
- A man reported a breaking and entering of a motor vehicle parked in the 1000 block of Klumac Road, Sunday.
- A woman in the 400 block of West Franklin Street reported that someone broke the rear passenger side window of her friend’s vehicle on Sunday and stole her pocketbook.
- A woman reported a larceny from a vehicle parked in the 800 block of East Innes Street Monday.
- A man reported Monday that a burglary occurred in the 1000 block of Old Plank Road.
- Shenetta Loriece Forte, 38, was charged with possessing an open container of alcohol in the passenger area of a vehicle at the corner of South Fulton Street and West Fisher Street, Friday.
- Aldolphus Nicol, 30, was charged Saturday with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer in the 300 block of Mahaley Avenue.
- Labrian Rayshone, Cagler, 24, was charged Saturday in the 200 block of South Long Street with possessing stolen goods.
- Joshua Len Patterson, 25, was charged Saturday in the 1300 block of East Innes Street with simple possession of a schedule II, III, IV, V or VI controlled substance.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A woman reported Thursday that her residence in the 1500 block of Seventh Street was broken into and her television taken.
- A man reported Thursday that a vehicle was taken from the 7200 block of Dunnmon Drive, Kannapolis.
- A man in the 100 block of Baxter Drive reported a fraud Thursday.
- D.S.B. Material Recycles in the 400 block of Montclair Drive reported a burglary Thursday.
- A man in the 3400 block of Statesville Boulevard reported that a tractor was stolen from private property Thursday.
- A man in the 500 block of Briar Creek Drive reported financial fraud Thursday.
- A man reported Thursday that items were taken from a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Moore Village Road, Rockwell.
- Adrian Nicholas Romero, 16, was charged Thursday with possession of a controlled substance at West Rowan High School after he was allegedly found with drug paraphernalia and a small amount of marijuana residue.
- Erick Fernando Ortiz, 21, was charged Thursday with assault on a female after his ex-girlfriend reported he assaulted her in her apartment.
- Ernest Lewis Erdman was charged Thursday in the 900 block of West Main Street, Rockwell, with breaking and entering a building.
- Jessica Dannine Absher, 25, and Jason Paul Bowyer, 36, were charged Thursday in the 100 block of Paige Drive with possession of a controlled substance.
A man was cited with possession of steroids during a traffic checkpoint Thursday. At 12:28 a.m. Thursday morning, deputies reported that... read more