Sheriff: Man tries selling Tootsie Rolls as heroin
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports a local man tried to pass off candy as a controlled substance.
According to the warrant, Bryce Allen Honeycutt, 26, of Rockwell, allegedly attempted to hoodwink local drug addicts by pretending that Tootsie Rolls were black tar heroin.
The warrant was issued by the Kannapolis Police Department, and served by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office. the Sheriff’s Office reports that on Nov. 18, Honeycutt was found with three large pieces of Tootsie Rolls individually wrapped and hidden inside torn pieces of plastic bag and torn pieces of latex balloon. The warrant notes that this is consistent with how black tar heroin is packaged for sale.
According to the warrant, Honeycutt allegedly possessed the candy with the intent to sell it as black tar heroin. He was arrested on Monday, Nov. 23, and charged with counterfeiting a controlled substance. Honeycutt was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,500 secured bond.
Honeycutt was previously charged in Rowan County with possession of drug paraphernalia, aiding and abetting larceny, felonious breaking and entering and breaking and entering vehicles.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A man at the 100 block of Autumn Glen Drive in Rockwell reported Monday that someone applied for and received a payday loan in his name.
- A man at the 200 block of Gallimore Road reported Monday that someone altered a cleared check that was previously deposited in his account.
- Johnston North America at the 600 block of Performance Road in Mooresville reported that semi truck wheels and tires were stolen Monday.
- A man reported that someone was siphoning gasoline from a car at the 1000 block of Kepley Road Monday.
- An assault was reported Monday at the intersection of Country Place Drive and Eller Road in Rockwell.
- A man reported items stolen from a building at the the 7800 block of West N.C. 152 Highway in Mooresville on Monday.
- A man reported a burglary Monday at the 200 block of Edgewood Drive in China Grove.
- A man reported that a wallet was taken from his residence at the 1800 block of Miller Chapel Road on Monday.
- James Efird Bailey, 44, was charged Monday at the Sheriff’s Office with unauthorized used of a motor vehicle.
- Cosmer Lopez Lopez, 23, was charged Monday at the Sheriff’s Office with assault on a female.
- Miranda Lee Rhinehart, 33, was charged Monday at the 1600 block of Daugherty Road with possession of a schedule VI controlled substance.
- Joshua Dane Farrell, 33, was charged Monday at the Magistrate’s Office with making a false report to the police radio broadcasting station.
- Ciara Lakisha White, 28, was charged Monday at the Rowan County Detention Center with breaking and entering a building.
- Anne Beck Kimball, 62, was charged Monday at the Magistrate’s Office with obtaining property by false pretenses.
- George William Kimball, 69, was charged Monday at the Magistrate’s Office with obtaining property by false pretenses.
- Juan Carlos Bautista, 25, was charged Monday at the Magistrate’s Office with breaking and entering a building.
- Abdul Qabid Aleembasir, 50, was charged Monday at the 100 block of Overbrook Road with assault on a female.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A woman at the 1400 block of Lakewood Drive reported a burglary Tuesday.
- Caleb Andrew Walton, 24, was charged Monday at the 1500 block of Brenner Avenue with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.