Holiday government closings and service changes
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Local governments have announced the following changes to their operating schedules and provision of services for the holiday:
- The City of Salisbury will operate on the following schedule for the Thanksgiving Day holiday:
- City office buildings, including the Salisbury Customer Service Center and all four recreation Centers will close at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 25. City offices will reopen on Monday, Nov. 30.
- Salisbury Transit service will be limited on Wednesday, Nov. 25. Due to the annual holiday parade, there will be no service on Wednesday between 1:20 and 4:40 p.m.There will be no service on Thursday, Nov. 26. Service on Friday, Nov. 27, and Saturday, Nov. 28, will operate from 9:30 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- The City’s Solid Waste Division will offer garbage and recycling collection on its regular schedule. There will be no leaf or limb collection on Thursday, Nov. 26, or Friday, Nov. 27.
- Fibrant Technical Support will maintain regular hours. For assistance, customers may contact Fibrant Technical Support by calling (704) 216-7567.
- Salisbury Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will close at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 25. Offices will reopen on Monday, Nov. 30. If you have a water/sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday, please call (704) 638-5339.
- The Salisbury Community Park will operate on its regular schedule.
- All City of Kannapolis offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday.
- There will be no garbage/recycling/loose leaf collection service on Thanksgiving Day and services will operate on a one day delay (Thursday’s route will be collected on Friday and Friday’s route will be collected on Saturday).
• Town Hall closes at 1 p.m. Wednesday and reopens Monday, Nov. 30.
• The trash pickup schedule will not change.
- All China Grove town offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 26 and Friday Nov. 27.
- Garbage and all other services will run like normal.
- All Landis town offices will be closed Nov. 26 and Friday Nov. 27.
- All Granite Quarry town offices will be closed Thanksgiving Day as well as Friday Nov. 27.
- Rockwell town offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 26 and Friday Nov. 27.
- Garbage pickup will not be affected by the holiday closings and will occur on Friday as usual.
• Town offices close Wednesday at noon and reopen Monday, Nov. 30.
- Cleveland town offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 26 and Friday Nov. 27.
- Garbage pickup and other services will continue as normal.