Blotter: Holiday purse snatchers appear
Published 10:52 am Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Holiday purse snatching has begun, Salisbury Police report. A woman says that someone stole her purse while she was out shopping Monday evening.
The woman said that she was shopping in Big Lots, with her purse resting in the shopping basket in front of her, when she was approached by a young man. She said that the man allegedly shoved her shopping cart away from her, grabbed her purse and ran out of the door.
The woman told police that she chased after the thief, yelling as he ran towards the Kmart parking lot. But she lost him after he turned towards the Civic Center.
She described the purse snatcher as a young African-American male in his late teens or early 20s. He had short dreadlocks and was wearing a dark hoodie.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A man reported items stolen Monday at the 1000 block of South Fulton Street.
- Items were reported stolen Monday from a vehicle parked at the 600 block of Brenner Avenue.
- A man reported being assaulted Monday during the commission of a common law robbery at the 100 block of Crawford Street.
- A woman reported a burglary Monday at the 800 block of Church Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- Pearl’s Pawn and Gun at the 1500 block of North Main Street, China Grove reported a fraud by false pretense Friday after stolen items were recovered from the store.
- Eagle and Whitaker Jewelry and Pawn reported a fraud by false pretense Friday at the 400 block of South Main Street, Granite Quarry after stolen items were recovered from the store.
- A woman reported Friday that money was stolen from her home at the 200 block of Fly Fisher Drive.
- A driver was found to be in possession of marijuana Friday while driving through a traffic checkpoint at the 3100 block of Mt. Hope Church Road.
- A man reported a breaking and entry Saturday at the 2260 block of Leonard Road.
- A handgun was found Saturday at the intersection of Mooresville Road and White Road, Mt. Ulla.
- A woman reported a fraud by impersonation Saturday at the 2200 block of Woodcrest Drive, Kannapolis.
- A woman reported a burglary Saturday at the 300 block of Fly Fisher Drive.
- A man reported an assault Sunday at the 2800 block of West Innes Street.
- A man reported items stolen at the 1000 block of Lake Forest Cover Road.
- Webb Flea Market reported that a stolen firearm was purchased at the location on Sunday.
- A man reported Sunday that handguns had been stolen from the 1000 block of Kingsway Drive.
- Ruscho Market at Long Ferry Road reported that someone attempted to use a counterfeit $20 bill Sunday.
- A woman reported an assault by other dangerous weapon Sunday at the 100 block of Overbrook Road.
- Larry Alvin Cranfield, 45, was charged Friday at the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue with larceny and possessing stolen goods.
- Joy Lovette Kelly, 41, was charged Friday with school attendance violation at the Rowan County Courthouse.
- Colton James Catoe, 16, was charged Friday with possession of a controlled substance schedule VI at the 100 block of Stone Road.
- Miranda Gail Wagoner, 22, was charged Friday with breaking and entering at the 600 block of Poole Road.
- Michael Dewayne Ferguson, 43, was charged Friday with violating a 50B order at the 100 block of Ellis Loop Road.
- Lillian Brooke Overcash, 23, was charged Friday with bigamy at the 400 block of Beaver Leyvas Way, Kannapolis.
- Nicole Marie Peterson, 30, was charged Saturday at the 7000 block of Old Concord Road with possession of a controlled substance.
- John Calvin Sifford, 28, was charged Saturday at the 400 block of Grace Church Road with simple assault.
- John Wilburn Harmon, 29, an inmate at the Rowan County Detention Center, was charged with assault on a law enforcement officer after he allegedly punched an officer twice in the face on Saturday.
- Noah Damon Ward, 19, was charged Sunday at the 200 block of Teague Road with assault with a deadly weapon.
- Corey Lee Shoe, 22, was charged Sunday at the 2800 block of West Innes Street with assault inflicting serious injury.
- Casey Gage Aldridge, 17, was charged Sunday at the Sheriff’s Office with assault inflicting serious injury.
- Candy Glinabah Yazzie, 32, was charged Sunday at the 2100 block of Kendra Drive, Kannapolis,with child abuse.