Posters Nov. 18
Deadline for Posters is 5 p.m.
• Join Congressman Richard Hudson for a senior services seminar at Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 10-11:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 20. Questions? Call the Concord office at 704-786-1612 or visit www.Hudson.house.gov
• Rowan Humane Society “Christmas Pet Portraits” Saturday, Nov. 21, 3-7 p.m., at Main Stream Pets, near Highway Patrol Station on Highway 29. No appointment necessary.
• Food Bazaar, Saturday, Nov. 21, 12 p.m. at Primitive Baptist State Worship and Conference Center, 515 Miller Ave., East Spencer. All meals, $3.50. Sponsored by Women’s Congress. Choices include ethnic, Cajun, Mexican, soul food. For more information, call 704-633-4134 by Friday, Nov. 20.
• Heavenly Hot Dog Sale, Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mt. Olivet Rd. Best homemade desserts, free delivery over $10, take-out available, 704-782-8846 www.mtochurch.com. No hot dogs on Nov. 27.
• American Red Cross blood drive, Thursday, 1 to 5:30 p.m., Organ Lutheran Church, 1515 Organ Church Road.
The second annual Literacy Summit for the Rowan-Salisbury School System will be on Nov. 19 from 5 p.m. to 6:30... read more