Fire destroys Kannapolis home

Published 12:08 am Monday, November 9, 2015

Kannapolis firefighters responded to a house fire Friday on Bethpage Road. One of the home’s occupants called 911 to report a house fire. When firefighters arrived on scene, the fire had spread to the attic and heavy smoke was coming from the rear of the home.

Firefighters made sure that the two occupants who were home at the time of the fire were safe and then began fighting the fire in the attic.

Crews from Concord Fire & Life Safety, Enochville Volunteer Fire Department, Landis Fire Department and Odell Volunteer Fire Department responded either to the scene or to assist with station coverage. Cabarrus County EMS assisted on scene.

The structure suffered significant damage to the rear and the attic. The two residents also had four dogs, which were safely removed from the home.

While the residents say the fire originated with a dryer, the cause is still under invstigation.