Posters Oct. 30
Deadline for Posters is 5 p.m.
• Not Just Franks — Today 11 a.m., Saturday 1 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m. until. Proceeds benefit Hearts & Women of Joy Ministry, sponsored by Deanna Corpening. Hot dogs, chicken wings, baked, barbecue or fried, sides, desserts. 704-754-1458.
• Knox Chapel UMC annual barbecue, 3520 Amity Hill Road, Cleveland, Saturday 11 a.m. until 6 p.m., serving sandwiches and plates, with homemade desserts and drinks.
• RSVP by Nov. 1 for annual veteran appreciation dinner, 6-10 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 7 in the former JCPenney at West End Plaza. Call or text 704-639-4321 or sign up at Thelma’s Restaurant, 704-267-6219.
• Deadline to sign up for Cleveland Elam Memorial Diabetes 5K run/walk, Nov. 1 at www.cemsf.org. Race is 10 a.m. Nov. 14, Knox Middle School. $25 adults, $15 children under 16.
• Granite Quarry Colored/Shuford Memorial School alumni reunion association, 7 p.m. Monday, Geneva I. Oglesby Community Center, Dunns Mt. Road, Granite Quarry.
• Meeting changed: Salisbury Community Appearance Commission has changed the November meeting to Tuesday, Nov. 3, at 4 p.m., in Council Chambers at 217 S. Main St.
• Cleveland Lions Brunswick stew — 11 a.m.–3 p.m. Saturday, Oct, 31 or until sold out. Dine in $7, take out quart $7, half gallon $13, gallon $25. Cleveland Lions Den, Cemetery St.
• J.C. Price Post 107, Sunday Nov. 1, 8 p.m. until. Football/Dance, Broncos vs. Packers. Downstairs, use rear entrance. $3 per person, $2 with jersey, free with Bronco jersey. Special drink prices, refreshments. Big screen TV. D.J. Danny D.
By Wilson R. Cherry Special to the Post When Scott Allmon finished high school and enlisted in the Marines he... read more