Woman wanted in Shaver Street shooting charged
Kapetra Monique Simpson, 33, also known as Kapetra Monique Lyerly, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury in connection with an Oct. 16 shooting on North Shaver Street. Simpson’s warrant was served by the Salisbury Police Department, and she was charged by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office at the Magistrate’s Office Tuesday.
Simpson is a suspect in a shooting where two men were allegedly shot in a fight over a beer bottle at a vacant home in the 500 block of North Shaver Street.
Simpson is being held at the Rowan County Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond.
Willie Earl Williams Jr. was also charged on Oct. 26 and is also under a $50,000 bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- Rowan Public Library reported Wednesday that two employees had their cellphones stolen from the second floor desk on two consecutive days. Only one of the phones has been recovered.
- Police received reports of a sex offense of obscene telephone calls Wednesday at the 1600 block of West Innes Street.
- A man reported a stolen vehicle Wednesday at the 1400 block of Tilman Street.
- Police seized marijuana Wednesday at the corner of North Fulton Street and West Cemetery Street.
- Roderick King Sims, 51, was charged Wednesday at the corner of North Fulton Street and West Cemetery Street with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer and possession of a controlled substance when he lied to an officer about his name.
- A man reported a larceny Wednesday at the 500 block of East Innes Street.
- DBA Properties reported items stolen from a vehicle and vandalism Wednesday at the 1300 block of Klumac Road.
- Police seized drug paraphernalia Wednesday at the corner of East Kerr Street and North Main Street.
- Justin Jarvis Hannah, 27 was charged Wednesday at the 100 block of East Kerr Street with being a habitual felon.
- A woman reported items stolen from her car Wednesday while it was parked at the Olive Garden at Klumac Road.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A man reported Tuesday that someone broke into his house at the 1900 block of Troutman Hill Road, Kannapolis.
- A stolen vehicle was recovered Tuesday.
- Mason Garrett Disbrow, 20, was charged Tuesday at the Sheriff’s Office with being a habitual felon.
- Brianna Marie Reese, 24, was charged Tuesday with possession of a controlled substance at the corner of North Main Street and Kerns Street, Granite Quarry.
- Cassey Leigh Tutterow, 25, was charged Tuesday with financial transaction card takes or obtains at the 4000 block of South Main Street.
A letter sent Wednesday by the N.C. Department of Justice to federal regulators represents the latest in a complicated legal saga that... read more