Crime blotter: Two charged with prescription fraud
Published 7:28 pm Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Two have been arrested in connection with a previously reported prescription fraud.
On Oct. 23 Travis Ryan Young, 28, attempted to fill a prescription for oxycodone at the Kmart pharmacy. The pharmacist determined the prescription was a fraud and notified police. However, Young did not return to pick up the prescription.
On Oct. 26, Steven Dean Holland, 25, entered Kmart and attempted to pick up the prescription while Young reportedly waited in the car outside the store. Both were taken into police custody.
Young was charged with one count of obtaining prescriptions by forgery, one count of counterfeit controlled substances and attempt to traffic opiates by possession, according to police. Young was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $20,000 secured bond. He was previously charged in Stanly County with breaking and entering, larceny, domestic criminal trespass and giving a false report to police radio.
Holland was charged with obtaining prescriptions by forgery and attempting to traffic opiates by possession. He was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $10,000 bond. He has no previous criminal record.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- An assault was reported at the intersection of Ellis Street and West Innes Street.
- A man reported a larceny Monday at the 200 block of North Main Street.
- A man reported Tuesday that someone stole his jacket while he was at a birthday party at Go Burrito.
- A woman reported Tuesday that someone stole $65 from her purse while she was at work at the 800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
- A stolen vehicle was recovered Tuesday.
- A man reported Tuesday that someone stole items from his car while it was parked at Alexander Place Apartments.
- Salisbury Police report that someone filed a false police report, Tuesday.
- Alexa Susanne Randall, 19, was charged with larceny Monday at Walmart.
- Drew Xavier Powell, 20, was charged Tuesday with possession of a controlled substance at the corner of West Monroe Street and South Ellis street.
- Georgene Beardsley, 47, was charged with possession of stolen goods Tuesday at the 400 block of Mocksville Avenue.
- Kenneth Trent Mcdaniel, 45, was charged Tuesday with resist, delay or obstructing a public officer.
- John David Byrd, 51, was charged with cyberstalking in connection to a previously reported case where he allegedly sent 200 text messages and phone to an ex-girlfriend.
- Ismael Zuniga Jimenez, 31, was charged Tuesday with assault on a female at the 300 block of Mike Drive.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports that a pickup stolen during a carjacking Tuesday morning has been found.
The Davidson County Sheriff’s office reported that the vehicle, a green Ford F-150, was found on Stokes Road in Denton. They told the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office that the truck had been completely burned, leaving just the metal frame. The truck is being towed to the garage at Denton Towing.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A stolen vehicle was recovered Monday.
- Police seized drug paraphernalia at the intersection of Leonard Road and Bluebird Lane, Monday.
- Dewey Wesley Smith, 38, was charged Monday with assault at the 100 block of WInd Drive.
- Caleb Loudon Spencer, 18, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia Monday at the 3000 block of Leonard Road.