Blotter: Pizza delivery sidetracked by armed robbers
A pizza delivery man’s night went downhill Thursday, according to Salisbury Police.
Jaymes Fairbank, 22, reported that he was robbed Thursday night while making a delivery for Naple’s Cafe to 810 E. Franklin St. Fairbank told police that while he was retrieving two pizzas from the trunk, two men came from the side of the house, held him at gunpoint and told him to get on the ground. The men took his wallet and cellphone.
Fairbanks said that he ran away, passing through a field before he was able to flag someone down so that he could call the police. When police went to the address, they discovered that 810 East Franklin is an empty residence, and found Fairbank’s car still sitting in the driveway. The car had signs of being searched, and police report that the pizza and several drinks were missing.
Fairbanks told police that he was robbed by two African-American men about 5-foot 9-inches tall. Both were wearing blue jeans and dark jackets, and one was wearing a mask. The other had short hair with a thick patch of hair on his chin. The case is still under investigation.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- Police responded to reports of harassing phone calls at the 400 block of West 15th Street. On Wednesday, the victim reported receiving 200 texts and phone calls over the past three days.
- A woman reported a breaking and entering Thursday at the 1400 block of North Long Street.
- First Bank at the 1500 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard reported Thursday that they received a counterfeit $100 bill.
- A man reported Thursday that the door to his residence at the 200 block of South Long Street had been kicked down while he was not home.
- Police report they seized marijuana Thursday at City Park when they found two juveniles in the park allegedly with a controlled substance.
- A woman reported an assault at the 400 block of Best Street on Thursday.
- A man reported Thursday that a scooter was stolen from the 1000 block of South Main Street.
- Turoqua Correll, 36, was charged Thursday with breaking and entering at the 1000 block of North Long street.
- Desmon Jermaine Torrence, 24, was charged with larceny Thursday at the corner of Miller and Trexler streets, East Spencer.
- Jalon Jaques Adkins, 18, was charged Friday with receiving or transferring stolen vehicles at the intersection of Brenner Avenue and Milford Hills Road.
Darryl Sylvester Price, Jr., 25, was charged Wednesday when he allegedly tried to run from deputies.
According to the report, probation officers, assisted by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department, went to arrest Price. He was listed in the National Crime Information Center as being wanted by the U.S. Marshals Service for probation violation. Price did not arrive at the probation office as requested, so deputies went to his residence at 430 Grim St.
Price allegedly ran away on foot, and dropped a Smith and Weston firearm while running down Monroe Street, according to the Sheriff’s Office report. Deputies report that the firearm was previously reported stolen. Price tripped and fell on the street, and was Tasered as he got back to his feet, the report said. Price was found to have 2 grams of crack cocaine and $570 in cash.
Price was taken to the Rowan County Detention Center until he can be given to the custody of the U.S. Marshal Service. He was not given bond. Price was charged with resist, delay, or obstructing a public officer, possessing stolen goods, weapon possession by a felon, possessing a controlled substance, and probation violation. Price has previously been charged in Rowan County with assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a controlled substance, and carrying a concealed weapon.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- On Wednesday, Franklin Baptist Church reported that someone stole a leaf blower from the lawn maintenance crew.
- On Wednesday, Timber Ridge Treatment Center in Gold Hill reported that someone broke into the cafeteria and took $100 worth of food.
- Danny Ray Benton, 46, was charged Wednesday with resist, delay, or obstructing a public officer at the 700 block of Tanner Road in Richfield.
- Eric Dale Stone, 39, was charged Wednesday with hit and run property damage at the 200 block of North Main Street.
Richard Ellis and Melissa Orr were the big winners on Saturday morning at the Landis Fire Department Breast Cancer 5K.... read more