Crime blotter: Man’s attempt to rekindle old flame leads to charges
A man was arrested Monday after his attempts to rekindle an old flame went awry.
A woman at the 200 block of Wilson road called police when her ex-boyfriend, Freeman Franklin Payton, III, 22, showed up on her doorstep Saturday night. She said that Payton was obviously drunk, and asked her to start dating him again. The couple had broken up in June.
The woman refused, and said that Payton then demanded $10 in cash, to repay him for giving her $10 for gas once. She refused, and Payton allegedly began kicking her door. She held the door closed and that’s when Payton allegedly punched through her window. She called 911, and according to police report, Payton ran away.
Payton was arrested at 310 N. Main St. and taken to the Magistrate’s Office, where he was charged with breaking and entering and willful and wanton injury to real property. He was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $2,000 secured bond and transferred to Rowan County Sheriff’s Office custody.
Payton has previously been charged in Rowan County with breaking and entering, larceny, obtaining property by false pretenses, assault, and inciting to riot.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• North Rowan Middle School reported a breaking and entering, Monday. Several items were also reported stolen.
• A woman at the 900 block of South Main Street reported that pills were stolen from her car, Monday.
• A man at the 400 block of West 15th Street reported Monday that someone had stolen his identity.
• A man reported Tuesday that someone had stolen his car at the 200 block of West Marsh Street.
• Police responded to reports of items stolen from a vehicle and vandalism at the 300 block of North Fulton Street, Tuesday.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported items stolen at the 100 block of Delta Downs Lane, Friday.
• A man reported that someone attempted to steal a power generator from his residence at the 100 block of Johnson Dairy Road, Rockwell, Friday.
• A woman at the 700 block of Barnhardt Road, China Grove, reported a fraud, Friday.
• Deputies responded to reports of an intoxicated woman forcing her way into a Salisbury residence, Friday.
• Deputies arrested someone at the 100 block of Cedar Drive, Friday, for resisting a public officer and possessing a fictitious license.
• Police recovered items from a building at the 400 block of South Salisbury Avenue, Granite Quarry, Friday. The items had been reported stolen from the 1000 block of Zion Church Road.
• A man reported a burglary Friday at a residence at the 13300 block of N.C. 801 Highway, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported a burglary Friday at a garage at the 4100 block of Long Ferry Road.
• A man reported an assault at the 1100 block of Meadowcreek Drive, China Grove, Saturday.
• A woman reported an assault at the 100 block of Waccamaw Drive, Saturday.
• A man reported that someone broke into a home at the 300 block of South Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis, Saturday.
• A woman reported an assault Saturday at the 3400 block of Carmi Lane.
• A man reported a burglary at the 600 block of Bradshaw Road, Mount Ulla, Sunday.
• A woman reported a burglary Sunday at the 1100 block of Elljoy Lane.
• A woman reported an assault Sunday at the 2100 block of NC 801 Highway, Woodleaf.
• A woman reported Sunday that a firearm was stolen from the 300 block of Cedar Brook Drive, Kannapolis.
• Shaniqua Monique Land, 25, was charged with injury to real property Friday at the corner of Old Concord Road and Mount Hope Church Road.
• Kynitria Michelle Wells, 27, was charged with simple assault Friday at the 200 block of North Main Street.
• William Alexander Menjivar, 18, was charged with resist, delay, and obstructing a public officer Friday at the 100 block of Cedar Drive.
• Shelly Oliver Stamey, 42, was charged with larceny Friday at the 100 block of South Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Christie Lynn Sloop Senk, 27, was charged at the Magistrate’s Office with breaking and entering, Saturday.
• Matthew Mack Lynn, 35, was charged Saturday with possession of a controlled substance at the 100 block of Johnson Dairy Road, Rockwell.
• Aaron lee Brown, 26, was charged with larceny Saturday at the 800 block of Bostian Road, China Grove.
• Jessica Nicole Caudle, 29, was charged with assault to inflict serious injury, Saturday at the Magistrate’s Office.
• Thomas Jay Corbin, 22, was charged Saturday at the 300 block of Academy Street, Cleveland, with assault on a female.
• Brittany Nicole Kotarsky, 16, was charged Saturday with simple assault at the 100 block of Waccamaw Drive.
• Aaron Thomas Graham, 28, was charged Saturday with breaking and entering at the 300 block of South Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Belinda Johnston Perez, 39, was charged Saturday at the Magistrate’s Office with being a habitual felon.
• Phillip Anthony Goodman, 32, was charged at the 300 block of Stone Road with assault by strangulation, Saturday.
• Clifton Ray Sutphin, 37, was charged Sunday with simple assault at the 600 block of Parks Road.
• Mary Ellen Ferguson, 45, was charged Sunday with simple assault at the 900 block of Garrick Road.
• Matthew Charles Whitley, 26, was charged Sunday at the 100 block of Log Barn Road with allowing a vicious animal to run at large.
SPENCER — The Town of Spencer is partnering with Historic Salisbury Foundation to assist homeowners in painting the exterior of... read more