Selling stolen goods at pawn shops leads to arrests
Trying to profit from stolen goods ended badly for two Salisbury men, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
The investigation of two separate breaking-and-entering cases from September led deputies to local pawn shops, where they were able to identify suspects Jericho Sion Euart, 32, and Justin Alexander Chapman, 28.
Euart was arrested Saturday in connection with a breaking and entering that occurred at the 5900 block of U.S. 52. Euart allegedly stole a horse saddle, two blankets, a horse bridle, a crossbow, a Harbor Freight Generator and a Stihl trimmer. He attempted to sell the generator at Rowan Gun and Pawn at the 7700 block of U.S. 52 North and the trimmer at Quick Cash Pawn Shop on Statesville Boulevard.
Sion has been charged with breaking and entering, larceny, and two counts of obtaining property by false pretenses.
Chapman was also arrested Saturday in connection with a break-in at a house at the 400 block of North Fisherman’s Lane, where a 870 12-gauge shotgun was taken. According to reports, he sold the shotgun at the Reliable Pawn Shop on Mooresville Road. An investigation of the stolen gun led deputies to Chapman, who was arrested and charged at the Magistrate’s Office with breaking and entering, larceny of a firearm and obtaining property by false pretenses.
Chapman has previously been arrested for larceny in Rowan County.
Both pawn shops have filed complaints for fraud.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A man at the 2800 block of Gheen Road reported the theft of a trailer Friday.
- A woman reported Friday that items had been stolen from her car at the 100 block of J R Lane, Kannapolis.
- A man at the 200 block of Hyde Lane reported the theft of his cellphone Saturday.
- A man reported an assault Saturday at the 300 block of Clearbrook Drive.
- A man reported an attempted burglary Sunday at his residence at the 200 block of Timberfield Trail, China Grove.
- A man reported Sunday that a chainsaw was stolen from his residence at the 200 block of Buccaneer Circle.
- A man reported Sunday that the titles of three vehicles were stolen from the 400 block of Pinewood Avenue, Kannapolis.
- Jose Jaimez Vasquez, 16, was arrested Friday at West Rowan High School for having a razor and charged with possession of weapons on campus.
- Aaleyihia Ann Roland, 21, was arrested Friday at the 1800 block of West Innes Street and charged with simple possession of marijuana.
- Tracy Dionne Hunter, 46, was arrested Sunday at the 100 block of Plum Tree Drive on charges of child abuse.
- Ahmand Rashad Nixon, 23, was arrested Sunday at the 7200 block of North Interstate 85 and charged with possession of a controlled substance.
In Salisbury Police Department Reports:
- Police seized marijuana at the intersection of Torrence Street and Locke Street Monday.
- A man reported the theft of clothing and shoes at an unlocked apartment at the 300 block of Mahaley Avenue Monday.
- Two teens, Hayden Scott Setzer, 16, and Williams Cress Brown, 16, were charged with larceny on the 300 block of South Arlington Street.
- Courtney Broadway, 24, was arrested at the 100 block of East Liberty Street on charges of response to nonpayment or order to show cause.
Editor’s note: This article has been updated to correctly reflected charges levied against Hayden Scott Setzer and Williams Cress Brown.
Despite previous statements by county officials, Commissioner Craig Pierce wants every Rowan County taxpayer to know there are no plans... read more