Blotter: Two charged at Brenner checkpoint
Published 12:00 am Saturday, September 26, 2015
A China Grove man was charged with three drug-related crimes on Thursday after being stopped at a traffic checkpoint.
David Cap Simerson Jr., 31, of 275 Bost Road in China Grove, was charged with simple possession of a controlled substance, possession of a schedule one controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Simerson picked up the charges at a traffic stop on the corner of Brenner Avenue and Standish Street.
Salisbury Police Department spokeswoman Capt. Shelia Lingle said the traffic stop began with a female driver of Simerson’s car not having a valid drivers license. Simerson also allegedly didn’t have a valid license, Lingle said.
Lingle said police were given consent to search the vehicle by Simerson. Inside the car, police allegedly found a cigarette carton with two grams of crystal meth inside. Police also reportedly found 0.3 grams of marijuana in Simerson’s pocket along with a glass smoking pipe.
Simerson was placed under a $5,000 secured bond and booked into the Rowan County Detention Center.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man on Thursday reported a robbery on the 300 block of Foster Lane in Salisbury.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man on Wednesday reported utility service had been set up in his name between April 1 and Aug. 31.
• A man on Wednesday reported he was assaulted on the 600 block of Sowers Ferry Road in Spencer.
• Joel Hudspeth, 51, was charged with larceny of horses, dogs, mules, swine and cattle on the 500 block of West Park Drive in Salisbury.
• Shasta Annette Hilton, 20, was charged with larceny by servants and other employees on the 700 block of Gold Knob Road in Salisbury.
• Teresa Kay Vanhoy, 41, was charged on Wednesday with possession of a schedule four controlled substance on the 1100 block of Scout Road in Salisbury.
• Craig Lee Moore, 23, was charged on Wendesday with cyberstalking on the 5800 block of Enochville School Road in Kannapolis.
Contact reporter Josh Bergeron at 704-797-4246