• 52°

Rowan weather: Rain is headed our way

Looks like we’re in for some heavy rain tomorrow. There’s a possibility of flash floods in some areas.

Today, though, we have just a 30 percent chance of rain, mainly this afternoon. It will be mostly cloudy with a high near 71. Expect north norheast wind at 6-10 mph. Tonight, rain is likely, with a 70 percent chance. A quarter to a half inch of rain is expected. The low will be 61.

Friday has an 80 percent chance of rain and a high of 68, with northeast winds around 11 mph. A half to three-quarters of an inch of rain is possible. Friday night, more rain, with a low of 61. Three-quarters to an inch of rain is possible.

Sadly, there’s a 70 percent chance of rain for Saturday. The high will be 68, with more wind from the northeast. Rain is likely Saturday night, too, with a 60 percent chance and a low around 61.

The rain probability goes down to 40 percent for Sunday, but it will still be cloudy, with a high of 71. A 30 percent chance of rain Sunday night, with a low of 60.

Monday should be beautiful — partly sunny and 75, with a low of 60.

Tuesday will be even warmer, with a high of 79, but still a low of 60.

A 30 percent chance of showers creeps back in for Wednesday, but we’ll still have sun and a high of 78.

Comments

Nation/World

Senate Democrats strike deal on jobless aid, move relief bill closer to approval

News

Duke Life Flight pilot may have shut down wrong engine in fatal crash

News

Two NC counties get to participate in satellite internet pilot for students

Local

PETA protesters gather in front of police department

Coronavirus

Seven new COVID-19 deaths, 166 positives reported in county this week

Crime

Sheriff’s office: Two charged after suitcase of marijuana found in Jeep

Crime

Thomasville officer hospitalized after chase that started in Rowan County

Local

Board of elections discusses upgrading voting machines, making precinct changes

News

Lawmakers finalize how state will spend COVID-19 funds

Local

Salisbury Station one of several ‘hot spots’ included in NCDOT rail safety study

Education

Essie Mae Kiser Foxx appeal denied, school considering options

News

Iredell County votes to move Confederate memorial to cemetery

Nation/World

Lara Trump may have eyes on running for a Senate seat

Local

Rowan among counties in Biden’s disaster declaration from November floods

Local

PETA plans protest at Salisbury Police Department on Friday

Education

Essie Mae Kiser Foxx appeal denied, charter revoked

Coronavirus

29 new positives, no new COVID-19 deaths reported

Crime

Blotter: Woman charged with drug crimes

News

Nesting no more: Eagles appear to have moved on from Duke’s Buck Station

Business

The Smoke Pit leaving downtown Salisbury for standalone building on Faith Road

Education

Shoutouts

High School

High school football: Hornets’ Gaither set the tone against West

Local

Salisbury to show off new fire station

Education

Livingstone College to host virtual Big Read events this month