• 70°

Rowan weather: Cloudy again; rain on the way

The weather news is good and bad, depending on your interests. We now have a greater chance of rain on Friday and Saturday. We need it, but it might put a crimp in your plans.

Today will be cloudy again, but warmer, with a high of 77. Wind will blow from the north northeast at 5-8 mph. Tonight will still be cloudy, with a low around 60.

Thursday starts with a 30 percent chance of rain and more clouds, with a high near 71. Northeast wind will blow at 9-11 mph, making it feel cooler. Rain is likely Thursday night, with a 60 percent chance. The low will be around 60. We could get as much as a half to three quarters of an inch of rain.

So Friday, too, has a 60 percent chance of rain, with cloudy skies and a high near 69. Northeast wind will again blow at about 11 mph. Friday night has a 50 percent chance of rain, with a low of 59. Could be tough on the football schedule.

Saturday dawns with a 60 percent chance of rain, too, with a high near 68. Saturday’s night’s rain chance drops to 40 percent, with a low of 59.

Rain might stick around for Sunday, with a 40 percent chance, mostly cloudy skies and a high near 70. The same chance of rain is expected Sunday night, with a low around 58.

Monday will be partly sunny and 76, with a low of 60. And Tuesday, it’s back to summer, with mostly sunny skies and a high near 80.

Comments

BREAKING NEWS

Gov. Cooper lifts indoor mask mandate for most situations, gathering limits

BREAKING NEWS

Barnes gets new punishment of two life sentences in 1992 murder of Tutterow couple

High School

High school football: State’s top honor goes to Jalon Walker

Local

Scout’s Honor: With dedication of flag retirement box, Salem Fleming earns Eagle Scout rank

College

North Carolina king, queen of NCAA lacrosse tourneys

Education

Kannapolis seniors walk elementary schools

Local

Local real estate company employees come out in force to build Habitat house

Local

Quotes of the week

Coronavirus

Auditors find oversight lacking for $3 billion of state’s pandemic aid

Nation/World

When will gas situation return to normal?

Local

Rowan native Shuping posthumously receives Concord Police Department’s Medal of Valor, Purple Heart

News

Black high school softball player told to cut hair

News

GOP measure on penalties for rioting draws fire

Coronavirus

State shows 303 COVID-19 deaths in Rowan

Coronavirus

CDC: Fully vaccinated people can largely ditch masks indoors

Crime

One arrested, another hospitalized in Castor Road stabbing

China Grove

China Grove Roller Mill open for tours Saturday

News

Facing personnel deficiencies, local fire departments request tax rate increases

Local

‘Panic buying’ creates gas supply shortages locally, statewide after pipeline cyberattack

Business

Twice as nice: Planet Smoothie opens alongside Cold Stone Creamery in co-branded store

Local

Spencer board gets update on South Iredell rat problem

Education

West Rowan teacher awarded $15,000 outdoor learning grant

Cleveland

Town of Cleveland plans celebration May 22

High School

High school girls tennis: Busy Hornets win again easily