No arrest, few details in Friday night shooting
By Hugh Fisher
SALISBURY — Two men were reported injured in a drive-by shooting Friday night, but few details have emerged about the incident.
Sgt. Adam Belk of the Salisbury Police Department told the Post that no arrests have been made in the shooting, which took place just before 11 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of West McCubbins Street, less than a block from Salisbury High School.
Belk said that callers reported the shooting. After officers responded, he said, a Salisbury Police officer stationed at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center reported that two victims had arrived by private vehicle with gunshot wounds.
Belk identified the victims as Shakeil Roberson, 21, of the 600 block of South Ellis Street, and Dequan Chawlk, 21, of East Spencer.
The extent of their injuries was not immediately known.
According to Belk, Roberson was shot as he arrived at his home on South Ellis Street and did not see where the shots came from, and Chawlk was unable to describe the shooter or the vehicle.
As of Saturday evening, no arrests had been made, Belk said.
It’s not clear whether there is a connection between Friday’s shooting and one that took place Thursday night on the 100 block of Wilson Road, about two blocks away.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Salisbury/Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.