Richfield man found stabbed
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a stabbing that occurred at the intersection of Basinger Road and River Road on Sunday.
Responding to a call, deputies found Roger Earl Williams, Jr., of Richfield, lying in the road with a stab wound to his lower chest. According to police report, a woman, Tiffany Frieman Satterfield, was found unconscious in nearby woods.
Williams is in stable condition. No charges have been served, but police believe the incident began as a domestic violence dispute.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A deputy clocked a gray Chevrolet Sonic going 106 mph for a mile on I-85 Sunday night and stopped the car near the northbound Exit 79 to Spencer/East Spencer at 11:51 p.m. The deputy issued a citation after finding drug equipment and paraphernalia in the car.
- A man reported a burglary Friday at the 2300 block of Rary Road.
- A man reported items stolen from a home at the 15800 block of N.C. 801 on Friday.
- A burglary was reported on Saturday at a home at the 200 block of Fox Run Road.
- Rowan County Animal Control reported the theft of a dog Sunday from the Animal Shelter in the 1400 block of Julian Road.
- Four 17-year-olds being held in the county detention center while awaiting trial were charged with simple assault Friday: Austin Coy Coleman, Braejon Demarrio Martin, Tomanche Mysheme Jackson and Joshua Betancourt.
- Joshua Andrew Cook, 35, also being held in the detention center, was charged Friday with possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Sondra Mcintosh Curtis, 54, was booked at the magistrate’s office Friday on charges of assault and battery.
- Jodie Curtis Williams, 31, was booked at the magistrate’s office Friday on charges of assault and battery.
- Seth Berrien Lane, 30 was arrested at the magistrate’s office Saturday on charges of assaulting a handicapped person.
- Josue Esau Nunez-Ramirez, 22, was arrested on two charges of assault of a female at the 1000 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A woman reported a burglary Sunday at the 100 block of Mike Drive.
- A woman reported items stolen from her home at the 1500 block of Harrison Road on Monday.
- Police responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle and marijuana usage at the 1300 block of Longview Avenue on Monday.
- Vernon Ray Carr, 44, was arrested on charges of larceny at the 300 block of South Arlington Street on Saturday.
- Four people were arrested Saturday and charged with misdemeanor larceny from Walmart: Vernon Ray Carr, 44; Deborah Ellis Gibson, 53; Paige Mcqwueen, 18; and Nikia Davis, 18.
- Daishon Keyatta Lee Davis, 20, was arrested Saturday at the 900 block of Brenner Avenue on charges of possession of a controlled substance.
- Joseph Barrett Pryor, 36, was arrested on charges of domestic violence the 200 block of Welch Road on Sunday.
- Clarence Lee White, 22, was arrested Monday on charges of assault by pointing a gun at the 900 block of Valley Ridge Road.
- Justin Eugene Bell, 24, was arrested on charges of larceny at the 400 block of Heilig Avenue on Monday.
In a four-minute meeting, Rowan County commissioners on Monday approved a $2.5 million loan to pay for renovations at Rowan-Cabarrus... read more