Blotter: Two charged in break-in of Mt. Hall Road home
Two Cleveland residents were arrested on charges of breaking and entering on Thursday, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Brandi Latrish Marie Agnew, 25, and Darrius Obryan Worth, 24, were charged with breaking and entering, larceny, and obtaining property by false pretenses.
Deputies responded to reports of signs of forced entry and several items stolen from a home at the 100 block of Mt. Hall Road.
The victim named Worth, a relative of hers, as a suspect.
During the investigation, officers found the stolen items in a local pawnshop, allegedly pawned by Worth on Wednesday at the Quick Cash Pawn shop off Statesville Boulevard.
According to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office, deputies obtained an arrest warrant and went to Worth’s home at the 200 block of Mt. Hall Road, where Agnew answered the door. Agnew allegedly tried to prevent officers from coming in the house, informed them that Worth was not home, and insisted that she committed the burglary.
According to the report, Agnew asked the officers what they would do if she said she had committed the crime instead of Worth — if they would arrest her instead of him. Officers made their way inside the home and found Worth hiding in a back bathroom. Worth and Agnew were both taken into custody without incident.
Agnew has previously been charged in Rowan County with a class 1 misdemeanor of drug paraphernalia use and possession. Worth has no previous criminal history. They have both been placed under a $10,000 secured bond.
In other reports from the Sheriff’s Office:
- Anthony Wayne Givens, 35, was arrested Thursday and charged with nine counts of obtaining prescriptions by forgery. He has also been charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance and two counts of trafficking heroin or opium. He has been placed under a $25,000 secured bond.
- A man reported an assault at the 100 block of West Liberty Street Wednesday.
- A man reported a burglary at the 500 block of Barber Junction Road on Thursday.
- Deputies responded Thursday to a call at the 300 block of Moon River Road and discovered a person in possession of a marijuana grinder.
- Salem Lutheran Church at the 5000 block of Sherrill’s Ford Road reported a larceny on Thursday.
- Michael Lee Stirewalt, 16, was arrested Thursday on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a sheriff’s report.
- Terry Andre Alexander, 46, was arrested on Thursday at the 100 block of South Main Street on a charge of larceny.