Labor Day operating schedule for Rowan towns, cities
The Labor Day holiday will affect some operations in Rowan County towns and municipalities. Here’s a list:
• City of Salisbury — City office buildings, including the Salisbury Customer Service Center and all four recreation centers will be closed Monday. City offices will reopen on Tuesday and operate on normal schedule, per their respective locations.
• Salisbury’s Solid Waste Division will offer garbage and recycling collection on schedule. Have rollout containers out by 7 a.m.
• Salisbury’s Street Division will not offer limb collection on Monday. Collection will take place by Friday, Sept. 11.
• Salisbury’s Transit Division will not offer transit services on Monday, Sept. 7. Transit services will resume as normal on Tuesday.
• Fibrant Technical Support will maintain regular hours. For assistance, customers may contact Fibrant Technical Support by calling 704-216-7567.
• Salisbury-Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed Monday and will reopen on Tuesday. If you have a water/sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday, call 704-638-5339.
• The Salisbury Community Park will operate on a regular schedule from 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Monday.
• Granite Quarry Town Hall will be closed Monday.
• China Grove Town Hall will be closed Monday. Garbage service will not be affected.
• All Rowan County offices, including the landfill and recycling centers, will be closed Monday.
• East Spencer Town Hall will be closed Monday. Services will not be affected.
• Landis Town Hall will be closed Monday. Garbage will be picked up on Tuesday and recycling will be picked up on Wednesday. The town board meeting has been rescheduled to Sept. 14.
• Faith Town Hall will be closed Monday.
• Rockwell Town Hall will be closed Monday.
• Spencer Town Hall will be closed. Garbage services will run one day later.
By Shavonne Walker email@example.com LENOIR — Agents with the State Bureau of Investigation were seen digging today behind an abandoned... read more