Blotter: Salisbury woman charged cocaine, pill possession
By Shavonne Walker
Police charged a Salisbury woman with possession of cocaine and pills during a Friday night traffic stop at North Main Street. Melissa Blakeslee Hemmings, 39, of the 1700 block of North Long Street, was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II.
The traffic stop occurred on North Main near East 11th around 9 p.m. Hemmings was searched and subsequently arrested, a report said. Salisbury Police found cocaine and Alprazolam, a drug used to treat anxiety and panic disorders, in her possession.
Hemmings has been convicted of a number of traffic infractions including driving while impaired, misdemeanor child abuse, possession of drug paraphernalia, receiving stolen goods and misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule II.
She remained in the Rowan County jail Monday under a $500 secured bond.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of fraud in the 500 block of Wiley Avenue.
• A man reported on Friday a break-in occurred in the 1800 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Iglesia Monte Sinai church reported on Saturday someone broke into the church which is under renovation and took a television and Samsung laptop from the property, 1010 Airport Road.
• A woman reported on Saturday she was the victim of a domestic assault in the 200 block of Lash Drive.
• A woman reported on Saturday she was the victim of fraud in the 400 block of Wiley Avenue.
• A man reported on Saturday an attempted burglary in the 800 block of Lakewood Drive.
• A woman reported on Saturday someone took items from her vehicle that was parked at Olive Garden restaurant, 1425 Klumac Road.
• A burglary was reported on Sunday in the 1100 block of Whisperwood Drive.
• A man reported on Sunday he was assaulted at his home in the 600 block of East Horah Street.
• A woman reported on Sunday three solar powered lawn lamps were damaged and two were stolen in the 300 block of White Oaks Drive.
• A woman reported on Sunday shots were fired into her home in the 400 block of West Thomas Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Thursday items were stolen from his vehicle in the 7600 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of a burglary in the 3000 block of West Innes Street.
• A man reported on Thursday he was coaxed into giving money to a fake company in the 700 block of Choate Road.
• Ebony Jewell Floyd, 33, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor simple assault while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Brian Allen Erdman, 39, was charged on Thursday with felony possession of a stolen vehicle in the 1800 block of Red Road, Rockwell.
• James Vance Tyner, 43, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of Sunfish Terrace.
• April Winchester King, 50, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 3800 block of Liberty Road.
• Heather Daye Barbee, 39, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at Cannon Farm and Heritage roads, China Grove.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
By Shavonne Walker firstname.lastname@example.org Firefighters stayed busy over the weekend with three commercial fires in separate parts of the county.... read more