Blotter: Salisbury man arrested for gun, drug charges
A Salisbury man on Sunday was arrested on gun and drug charges, with more than 20 grams of cocaine, according to arrest reports.
Kenneth Dwayne Neely, 51, of 1300 West Horah St. in Salisbury, was charged Sunday with possession of a schedule two controlled substance with intent to manufacture sell or distribute, carrying a concealed gun, possession of a firearm by a felon and maintaining a vehicle, dwelling or place for a controlled substance.
He was placed under a $25,000 bond
According to warrants Neeley was carrying a .22 caliber pistol and had previously been convicted of possession of a schedule two substance, which led to his possession of a firearm by a felon charge.
Warrants state Neely possessed 25.1 grams of cocaine at the time of his arrest.
Jail records show Neely was booked at 2:51 a.m. on Sunday.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Crystal Broke Mann, 31, of 117 Faith Road in Salisbury, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor larceny, second degree trespassing and two counts of possession of a schedule two substance. Warrants state Mann allegedly possessed four capsules of vyvanse and two tablets of oxymorphone hydrochloride. Warrants further state she allegedly trespassed at Walmart and allegedly stole beef jerky, cosmetics, a backpack and shampoo. She was placed under a $2,500 bond.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Matthew Dillon Cervantes, 22, of 415 Peach Orchard Road Apt. A in Salsibury was charged with carrying a concealed weapon. Cervantes was allegedly carrying an 8-inch knife with a black handle and silver blade, according to warrants.
• Dajaun Lamont Russell, 19, of 525 East Fisher Street in Salisbury, was charged Saturday with assault and battery. Warrants state Russell allegedly struck Malik Dwight in the face and body with his fists. Russell was placed under a $500 bail.
• Gwen Remeta, 60, of 115 Holobough Lane in Faith, was charged on Saturday with possession of drug paraphernalia. Remeta allegedly possessed two cut straws and white residue, according to warrants. She was placed under a $500 bail.
• Torrian Daquan Williams, 18, of 725 Crescent Road in Rockwell, was charged with assault on a female and sexual battery. Williams allegedly rubbed his hand on the buttocks of a female and struck her in the head with a basketball, according to warrants.
• Thomas Dean Brown, 44, of 6740 Lowder Road in Salisbury, was charged Friday with possession of drug paraphernalia. Warrants state Brown possessed one burnt spoon and needles. He was placed under a $500 bail.
• Cody Harrington, 22, of 2570 Saw Road in China Grove, was charged Friday with possession of drug paraphernalia. Harrington allegedly possessed one burnt spoon and needles. He was placed under a $500 bail
In other reports:
• Miranda Brooke Hancock, 20, of 2345 Sides Road in China Grove, was charged Friday with possession of drug paraphernalia. She was arrested by the Granite Quarry-Faith Police Authority. Warrants state Hancock allegedly possessed cut straws with residue, one black container with pill residue, one spoon with burnt residue, one scale and two needles. She was placed under a $500 bail.
Contact reporter Josh Bergeron at 704-797-4246