Blotter: Man answers the door with marijuana joint tucked behind ear, faces misdemeanor charges
By Shavonne Walker
A Salisbury man answered the door to his Green Street home with a rolled marijuana joint tucked behind his ear as Salisbury Police and probation officers do a check of his home.
Salisbury Police issued a citation for Darius Gillis, 39, of the 800 block of Green Street, for simple possession of marijuana.
Gillis is currently on probation for a 2014 driving while license revoked conviction. He has been convicted of felony possession with intent to sell marijuana on multiple occasions, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, felony possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor assault on an officer.
In other police reports:
• A teen reported on Wednesday he was assaulted in the 1300 block of West Bank Street.
• Trinity Car Brokers LLC reported on Wednesday someone broke the window on a vehicle there at 2909 S. Main St.
• Police responded on Wednesday to the 800 block of Newsome Road where they arrested a subject with marijuana.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of an assault in the 200 block of Pearl Street.
• A woman reported on Wednesday a burglary occurred at her home in the 1000 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A man reported on Thursday he was the victim of an attempted robbery at the intersection of West Bank and North Church streets.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of a larceny in the 100 block of Tall Pine Circle.
• A man reported on Thursday he was the victim of an assault in the 1000 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A man reported on Thursday a vandalism occurred in the 800 block of West Kerr Street.
• Charles Walter Logan, 34, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor marijuana possession in the 1500 block of Stokes Ferry and Newsome roads.
• Samron Jermaine Hillie, 20, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor marijuana possession in the 1200 block of Brenner Avenue.
In sheriff’s reports:
• Quick Cash Pawn reported on Wednesday someone pawned stolen property at 2045 Statesville Boulevard.
• Bingham-Smith Lumber Co. reported on Wednesday a larceny occurred in the 6000 block of Bertie Avenue.
• A man reported a burglary occurred Wednesday in the 100 block of Pine Valley Road.
• A woman reported a burglary Wednesday in the 100 block of Myers Place.
• Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witness reported on a Wednesday someone tried to break into the property at 820 Hurley School Road.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of a burglary in the 100 block of Nottingham Road.
• A man reported on Wednesday his mo-ped was stolen from the 2300 block of Jacob Bost Road.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone vandalized her mailbox in the 3400 block of Daugherty Road.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone stole her mailbox in the 300 block of Bradshaw Road, Mount Ulla.
• Clint Allen Gaines, 30, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of Hard Rock Drive, Rockwell.
• Christopher Alvin Paddock, 27, and Cheryl Derringer were each charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 3000 block of Statesville Boulevard and Epperson Road.
• Christopher Lee Millsaps, 30, was charged on Wednesday with felony larceny while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Emmanuel Harris, 21, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of Huntington Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
Rowan County authorities are looking for two registered sex offenders who’ve moved from their listed residences without notifying officials of... read more