Blotter: Richfield man hides in shower to avoid larceny, drug and traffic charges
A Richfield man who tried to hide from Rowan County Sheriff’s deputies in the shower is facing more than a dozen larceny, drug and traffic charges, according to arrest records.
Brent Douglas Pickler, 32, of the 100 block of Big Buck Drive in Richfield, is charged with two counts of felony breaking and entering – one at a building in the 900 block of Saint Stephens Church Road in Gold Hill, and the other in the 200 block of Johnson Dairy Road in Rockwell.
He faces one count of felony larceny for stealing jewelry and rolled coins valued at $2,600 from John Yelton in the Gold Hill incident. He is also accused of stealing a Remington 12 gauge shotgun from Yelton, which came along with a felony larceny of a firearm charge, according to authorities.
According to an arrest warrant, Pickler is also accused of stealing a Harley-Davidson cooler, sword, musical instruments, Fender amplifier, Mason jars, Xbox 360, an HP printer, Nintendo Wii games, art and collectibles valued at $1,620 from Tim Rummage in the Rockwell incident, which resulted in an additional felony larceny charge. He allegedly also hit Rummage’s vehicle, leaving dents and scratches along the right front panel, authorities said. This offense also added on a charge of misdemeanor driving while license revoked.
Pickler was charged with misdemeanor possession of stolen goods for having Zippo lighters and the Harley-Davidson cooler, valued at $560.
The drug charges brought against Pickler include three counts of felony possession of schedule III controlled substances, felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. He was found with two 1 milligram doses of alprazolam, two-and-a-half 1 milligram doses of clonazepam, 2 milligrams of Xanax, methamphetamine, spoons with melted substance, syringes, electronic scales, a smoking pipe with crystal-like residue and plastic bags.
When sheriff’s deputies arrived at Pickler’s home to serve warrants against him, he hid in the shower to avoid the deputy, which topped off his charges with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer, authorities said.
Pickler was arrested and taken to the Rowan County Detention Center. His bond was set at $35,000.
In other sheriff’s reports:
- A Rockwell woman reported that a cellphone account was activated in her name without her permission.
- A Salisbury man reported that transactions were made on his credit card without his permission.
- The Rowan County Peace Officers Association reported an attempted forcible entry at their building in the 5600 block of Long Ferry Road.
- A man reported that some bicycles were stolen from his carport in the 900 block of North Chapel Street in Landis Wednesday.
- A woman reported a breaking and entering in progress at her home in the 1800 block of 7th Street Thursday around 11:30 a.m.
- A woman reported a past burglary that took place in the 100 block of Susan Lane between March 16 and Thursday.
- Charles Robert Franks, 46, was charged with breaking or forcing open a coin operated machine.
- Michael Wayne Jenkins, 40, was charged with felony habitual larceny.
- Adam John Herrin, 32, was charged with misdemeanor unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in the 1300 block of Circle Drive in China Grove.
- William Spencer Brownlow, 42, was charged with misdemeanor breaking or forcing open a coin-operated machine.
- Amanda H. Jolly, 36, was charged with obtaining a controlled substance by fraud or forgery in the 100 block of Sechler Street in China Grove.
- James Dale Gurley, 46, was charged with felony possession of a schedule I controlled substance in the 400 block of Morrow Road in China Grove.
In Salisbury Police reports:
- Rushco #5, located at 601 Jake Alexander Boulevard West, reported a shoplifter Friday around 1:15 p.m.
- Bank of America branch reported a burglary in the 1600 block of West Horah Street between Oct. 9 and Friday.
- Gerry Wood Kia reported that a subject took a dealer license plate and failed to return it to the dealership at 529 Jake Alexander Boulevard South.
- Walmart reported a shoplifter Friday at 323 South Arlington Street.
- Walmart reported a trespasser Friday at 323 South Arlington Street.
- A man reported that his scooter was stolen from Knox Street Saturday.
- A man reported a vehicle larceny from the 600 block of Admiral Drive Saturday.
- Walmart reported a shoplifter Saturday at 323 South Arlington Street.
- An assault with a dangerous weapon and discharging a firearm were reported in the 700 block of Grace Street Saturday.
- A woman reported a simple physical assault in the 300 block of Imperial Drive Sunday.
- A woman reported that shots were fired into an occupied dwelling in the 100 block of Elm Street Sunday.
- A man reported that there was a shooting in the 500 block of East Franklin Street.
- Dante Marquis Mitchell, 25, of the 100 block of Clancy Street, was charged with misdemeanor larceny, assault on a female, second degree trespassing and driving with a revoked license Friday. He was secured in the Rowan County Detention Center and his bond was set at $17,500.
- Dytisha Tanale Johnson, 33, of the streets of Salisbury, was charged with shoplifting and resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer in the 800 East Innes Street Saturday. She was transported to the Rowan County Detention Center and her bond was set at $3,000.
- Christopher Claymore Jones, 20, of the 200 block of Pearl Street, was charged with felony receiving or transferring a stolen vehicle. He was taken to the Rowan County Detention Center and his bond was set at $500.
- Andre Rodrico Clodfelter, 21, was charged with carrying a concealed gun at the intersection of Brenner Avenue and West Horah Street Sunday.
- Willie Earl Williams, 29, of the 300 block of Imperial Drive, was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female and misdemeanor resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer. He was arrested in the 800 block of Majolica Road. Williams was taken to the Rowan County Detention Center. He was not issued bond because the assault charge was domestic in nature.
- Vito Gagliardo, 66, of the 500 block of Pineview Drive in Spencer was charged with felony hit and run resulting in an injury and misdemeanor reckless driving to endanger. He was arrested in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue and was taken to the Rowan County Detention Center. His bond was set at $1,000.