Blotter: Man already jailed for duping people out of money with sick wife story faces additional charges
Published 6:27 pm Wednesday, July 8, 2015
By Shavonne Walker
A Salisbury man faces additional charges this week after authorities said more victims have come forward saying he duped them out of money by saying his wife had been in a car wreck and he needed money to keep her car from being towed.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Michael Todd Allman, 42, of 5500 block of Old Concord Road, with three counts of felony obtaining property by false pretenses.
According to an arrest warrant, between April 19 and April 26, Allman told a Ribelin Road resident his wife had been injured in an accident. The homeowner gave Allman $24.
A warrant said between April 1 and April 20, a man told authorities Allman came to his Poole Road home and obtained $30 and five gallons of gas from him and his wife. Allman, according to warrants, told the couple he needed gas to prevent the vehicle from being towed by Kluttz Wrecker.
Allman told a homeowner at Henderson Grove Church Road that his wife’s vehicle was being towed by Kluttz Wrecker and she’d been involved in a car crash. The homeowner gave Allman $60.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Monday someone stole his prescription and filled it at Price Pharmacy, 422 U.S. 29, China Grove.
• A man reported on Monday two people from China got access to his bank account between July 1 and July 3 and convinced him to send them money from the 200 block of Ridgeland Drive, Cleveland.
• A woman reported on Monday she was the victim of credit card fraud in the 6600 block of Fesperman Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported on Monday someone stole his vehicle from the 200 block of Linker Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported on Monday someone stole money from an ATM at 112 U.S. 29, China Grove.
• A man reported on Monday his vehicle was broken into and a watch was stolen from the 6800 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Taclissa Gemini Mintz, 44, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building.
• Brandon Robert Trexler, 29, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor marijuana possession in the 200 block of Ribelin Road, Gold Hill.
• Dylan Michael Purvis, 20, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 300 block of Catfish Terrace.
In police reports:
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of a physical assault in the 200 block of East 11th Street.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of an armed robbery in the 400 block of South Clay Street.
• William Sidney, 40, was charged Tuesday with felony sell or deliver controlled substance schedule II in the 700 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.