Blotter: Rowan authorities looking into tire slashings in Landis neighborhood
By Shavonne Walker
Rowan County authorities are looking into who slashed a number of tires in a Landis neighborhood. No arrests have been made, but in all of the incidents only one tire was slashed on the vehicle. The vehicle owners say they believe the vandalism was done by someone overnight Monday.
Walter Lyman reported one tire on his Chevrolet Tahoe and one tire on his Dodge Caravan were slashed at 801 N. Chapel St. He discovered the damage around 6:50 a.m. on Monday. Ricky Nash reported a similar incident at his home, 709 N. Chapel St., where his Honda Odyssey van and a Buick Rendezvous each had one tire slashed.
Ernest Watts reported his Dodge Ram and GMC Yukon each had a tire cut at his home at 715 N. Chapel St. Norma Garcia of 812 N. Chapel St. reported her Ford Econoline van was vandalized causing about $150 in damages.
Authorities say no witnesses have come forward, but they believe it may have been done by teens.
In other reports:
• A woman reported on Monday someone opened a Capitol One credit card in her name in the 300 block of Goodman Drive.
• Keyon Jamar Reese, 30, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Jarrel Phillip Henley, 36, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 7900 block of Freeze Road and Roberts Drive, Kannapolis.
In police reports:
• Monteith Construction reported on Tuesday someone stole copper wire from a construction site in the 1300 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of a simple assault by pointing a weapon on Knox Street.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was assaulted in the 300 block of Grove Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.