Blotter: Thieves steal tools from work trucks at two motels
Published 12:32 am Friday, April 24, 2015
By Shavonne Walker
Salisbury Police are looking for thieves after construction workers reported tools were taken from their vehicles parked overnight at two local motels.
Sanford Spence reported on Tuesday his vehicle was parked at Quality Inn, 825 Klumac Road, on Tuesday, and when he came out of his room, the tools valued at more than $1,000 and a $75 drill box were taken. He came out just in time to see a white male with curly black hair remove his tools and place them inside a four-door silver Ford vehicle.
On the same day, someone with Southland Plumbing reported a $500 jack hammer was taken from the bed of his truck. The man who reported the incident told police he had been finishing some plumbing at Wendy’s on South Jake Alexander Boulevard and parked overnight at the Econo Lodge motel, 1328 South Jake Alexander Blvd.
He, along with a motel employee, looked at surveillance video and saw a gold in color older vehicle pull near the truck and take the jack hammer.
He said the truck was last secured at 11 p.m. on Monday and when he went outside the next day around 12:16 p.m., the jack hammer was gone.
In other police reports:
• Salisbury High reported on Monday a larceny from a vehicle that occurred on Saturday in the 300 block of Imperial Drive.
• AT&T reported on Monday someone broke a window on Friday in the 200 block of South Church Street.
• A man reported on Monday a break-in occurred sometime between Friday and Monday in the 700 block of Elm Street.
• Lost and Found reported on Tuesday someone threw rocks at the building at 128 East Innes St.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone stole her unlocked van parked at the Hefner VA Medical Center.
• A woman reported on Tuesday a verbal fight occurred while at Walmart.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of a physical assault in the 400 block Union Heights Boulevard.
• A man reported on Tuesday his bicycle was taken while at Rite Aid, 640 West Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A man reported on Tuesday his girlfriend’s son assaulted him in the 600 block of Elm Street.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she placed her keys and hooded sweatshirt on a shelf in Walmart where she worked and returned later to find her keys and her car gone.
• Barron Scot Monroe, 56, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Monday someone went into his garage and home in the 1900 block of Poole Road.
• A woman reported on Monday someone called her sometime between April 16 and April 19 to tell her she’d won a contest, had her pay to cover the taxes, but she never received her prize, in the 400 block of Log Barn Road.
• A woman reported on Monday her home was broken into but nothing was taken in the 1800 block of Pine Ridge Road, China Grove.
• A man reported on Monday his Nintendo game system was taken sometime between April 14 and April 17 in the 2900 block of Lower Stone Church Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Monday fraudulent activity while filing her taxes in the 900 block of N.C. 153, China Grove.
• A man reported on Monday his boat was taken from a trailer broken down on Interstate 85 near the 1000 block of Peach Orchard Road.
• A man reported on Monday someone stole his handgun in the 5900 block of Bertie Avenue.
• A woman reported on Monday she was the victim of fraud and a larceny in the 200 block of North Street.
• A man reported on Monday his blower was taken sometime during the weekend from his apartment in the 2600 block of Airport Road.
• A man reported on Monday someone stole items from his property that were later pawned in the 7600 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• A man reported on Monday someone broke into his outbuilding and took items from it in the 100 block of Leonard Road.
• Robert Stancil Buck, 56, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Scott Derryl Keyes, 52, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Rusti Sagan Beaver, 27, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 1500 block of North Main Street.
• Amber Maree Hope Steggall, 23, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 1500 block of North Main Street.
• Patricia Lynn Barkley, 26, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of Leader Lane, Kannapolis.
• Christian Lee Fox, 17, was charged on Monday with felony maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for controlled substance in the 100 block of Rankin Road, Landis.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.