Blotter: Rowan woman charged with possession of meth precursor chemical
A Rowan County woman was charged with possession of a meth precursor chemical at a home where authorities picked up a man wanted by U.S. Marshals.
Debra Lou Bledsoe, 43, was also charged with conspiring to manufacture drugs, on Thursday at the home located in the 200 block of Gold Hill Drive.
While at the home, multiple agencies were involved in the arrest of Michael Eugene Long.
Long, 37, was charged with one count felony possession with intent to manufacture methamphetamine, two counts felony possession of an immediate precursor chemical, one count misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Rowan officials confiscated smoking pipes, plastic bags and digital scales at the home.
He was also charged by Surry County authorities for misdemeanor failure to appear/comply from Dec. 10 and for misdemeanor reckless driving and felony fleeing to elude arrest for Catawba County from Dec. 29 and Dec. 30.
Long was wanted by U.S. Marshals for a federal parole violation. The agency also placed a hold on Long.
Even if he posts his $92,500 secured bond, he still can not be released until federal marshals place him into custody, said Sheriff’s Capt. John Sifford.
Both remain in the Rowan County jail. Bledsoe is under a $75,000 secured bond.
Long served nearly four and a half years for a 2004 bank robbery. Long stole over $7,000 from a Central Carolina Bank branch in Salisbury. He was arrested in 2009 and sentenced over a year later. He was also given five years of probation, of which he is currently in the midst of, records show.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported on Thursday someone broke into her home and took a television and laptop in the 100 block of Waters Road.
• A man reported on Thursday someone stole a pistol from his property in the 17400 block of Mooresville Road, Mooresville.
• Police responded on Friday to vandalism in the 1900 block of Shirley Avenue.
• Police responded on Saturday to a knife assault in the 100 block of Rowan Mill Road.
• Police responded on Saturday to a drug incident where marijuana was seized and a citation issued in the 300 block of South Arlington Street and Freeland Drive.
• Police responded on Saturday to a burglary in the 500 block of Mahaley Avenue.
• A woman reported on Saturday she was assaulted in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
• A woman reported on Saturday a larceny by an employee in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of an assault in the 100 block of Pine Cone Lane.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of fraud in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• A man reported on Sunday a burglary in the 200 block of North Craige Street.
• A woman reported on Sunday a vehicle was stolen in the 100 block West Miller Street.
• Amber Scheree Bottoms, 34, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
• Albert William Johnson, 34, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of West 10th Street.
• Desmon Jermaine Torrence, 24, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of East Kerr Street.
• Deborah Daniel Wood, 63, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Michael Don Hiatt, 52, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor assault on female by male over 18 in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
EAST SPENCER — Macon Sammons Jr. is stepping down as the town administrator, but he’s not going very far. Sammons... read more