• 84°

Rowan weather: Cloudy, damp week ahead

Did you get out and enjoy the weekend? Good, because it looks like a cloudy, rainy week ahead.

It’s not cold, with a current temperature of 51 degrees, and it’s not raining, yet. We can expect sprinkles before noon, with cloudy skies and a high near 66. Tonight, we have a 30 percent chance of rain, followed by fog, with a low of 49.

There’s a 60 percent chance of rain Tuesday, mainly in the morning, then cloudy and 64. For Tuesday night, it’s a 40 percent chance of rain, with a low around 56.

It will be warm Wednesday, with a high of 69, and a 40 percent chance of showers. Wednesday night, the chance of rain goes up to 50 percent, with a low of 51.

For Thursday, a 60 percent chance of rain, mainly in the afternoon, with a high near 56. Same chance of rain for Thursday night, with a low of 42.

Friday dawns with a 70 percent chance of rain, and a high of just 48. Friday night also has a 70 percent chance of rain. The low won’t move much, just down to 45.

Not much changes for the weekend, with a 60 percent chance of rain Saturday and a high of 58; Saturday night’s chance of rain is 40 percent, low of 47.

Sunday brings just a 30 percent chance of rain, with a high near 63.

Naturally, all this is subject to change. Think sunny thoughts and see if it works.

Comments

Crime

Blotter: Shooters mistakenly fire bullets into woman’s West Kerr Street house

Local

Light installation could delay Bell Tower Green opening, but formal event still set for Sept. 10

Kannapolis

Kannapolis restroom listed among top 10 in the country, vying for top spot

Business

Mixed-use development planned near Atrium Health Ballpark

Local

Little League softball: Rowan plays for regional championship, qualifies for World Series

Nation/World

CDC changes course on indoor masks in some parts of the US

Nation/World

Racism of rioters takes center stage in Jan. 6 hearing

News

State briefs: Woman accused of taking baby to break-in

Nation/World

Man pleads guilty to 4 Asian spa killings, sentenced to life

Coronavirus

Rowan health director says COVID-19 deaths preventable as county sees No. 315

Local

Rowan County Planning Board denies Reaper’s Realm rezoning request after opposition from neighbors

College

Catawba College’s Newman Park renovations grow more extensive

Local

David Freeze begins cross-country cycling journey in San Diego

Local

Community remembrance events to focus on lynchings of the past, need for justice today

Local

August issue of Salisbury the Magazine is now available

Local

After 10 days, three hospitals, one diagnosis, Kassidy Sechler will return home

News

COVID-19 surging as North Carolina set to ease restrictions

Crime

Blotter: Police ask for help finding robbery suspect

Local

Three Rivers Land Trust finalizes deal to double size of nature preserve in Spencer

Local

Spin Doctors announced as headlining band for 2021 Cheerwine Festival

Ask Us

Ask Us: Readers ask about Hoffner murder case, ‘Fame’ location

Local

Cornhole tournament at New Sarum Brewery brings out Panthers fans, raises money for charity

Crime

Blotter: Salisbury man charged for breaking and entering, burglary tools

Nation/World

Senators race to overcome final snags in infrastructure deal