Update: Students get another day off
Published 8:30 am Friday, February 27, 2015
Update, 8 a.m.: Rowan-Salisbury and Kannapolis City schools are now closed for students. RSS staff is on two-hour delay. Kannapolis staff have an optional work day.
Rowan-Salisbury and Kannapolis City students will head back to school tomorrow.
Both districts issued a three-hour delay for students Friday. Rowan-Salisbury teachers should come into work two hours later than normal
Rowan-Salisbury Superintendent Dr. Lynn Moody said the main issue they expect to face in the morning is black ice. Because buses start running at 5:30 a.m., a two-hour delay wouldn’t allow enough time for for temperatures to rise and for black ice to melt. District transportation staff will reevaluate the roads in the morning and will cancel school if necessary.
Other closings and delays
• Reserved tickets for the Thursday evening performance of “Comedy of Errors” in Catawba College’s Hedrick Theatre may be honored on either Friday or Saturday evening by contacting the Catawba College Box office at firstname.lastname@example.org . The reception scheduled after the Thursday evening performance has been rescheduled and will be held Friday evening, weather permitting.
• Rowan Helping Ministries West in Mount Ulla will be closed Friday.
• North Hills Christian School will open on a two-hour delay. Before school care has been canceled and students who are late will not be counted tardy.
• Rowan-Cabarrus Community College will open for evening classes tonight from 5-8 p.m. and will reopen Friday at 10 a.m. Classes that begin before 10 a.m. but are still in session at 10 a.m. will begin meeting at 10 a.m.
• Salisbury Academy will operate on a two-hour delay.
• Sacred Hearth Catholic School will operate on a two-hour delay.
• Catawba College will open at 10 a.m.
• Rowan County offices will open at 9 a.m.
• The Rowan County Courthouse will open at 9 a.m.