Cancellations and postponements
Published 9:12 am Monday, February 16, 2015
Please use the form at the bottom of this page to submit your delays or closings
• Rowan-Salisbury Schools are off today (monday) for the President’s Day holiday. But ALL afternoon activities have been cancelled. Closed Tuesday, The make-up day will be March 26.
• Rowan County Crosby Scholars’ 7th-8th grade make-up academy is cancelled this evening (monday). Please continue to check the Crosby Scholars website, your email, Twitter and Facebook page for the rescheduled make-up academy date
• Kannapolis City Schools has canceled school Tuesday for staff and students. The make-up day will be March 27.
• Catawba College evening classes cancelled for Salisbury and CPCC campuses. Make-up day for these is Saturday, Feb. 21, 8-11:45 a.m. The weather will be monitored during the day and some afternoon classes may be canceled, as well as some offices closed.
• Catawba College is closed today and is asking students on campus to be careful.
• Rowan County Youth Services Bureau, Inc., Teen Court sessions scheduled for Tuesday, have been cancelled. Check Teen Court Facebook page for updates
• The Community Forum program featuring Dr. Racelle Weiman that was scheduled for 7:30 this evening in Tom Smith Auditorium has been canceled.
• Due to inclement weather and the forecast for freezing temperatures, the City Council meeting scheduled for today at 4 p.m. will be rescheduled to Wednesday, Feb. 18, at 4 p.m. in Council Chambers. A quorum of City Council will convene at the regularly scheduled time this afternoon in order to recess the meeting until tomorrow.
• NCDMV Closes Offices Statewide in Preparation for Winter Storm, Please visit the www.ncdot.gov/dmv or follow the NCDOT Twitter and Facebook accounts for up to date closures and delays.
• Rowan Transit System, Closed Tuesday due to hazardous road conditions
• Town of Spencer, The Historic Preservation Commission meeting scheduled for this evening (monday) has been CONTINUED and RESCHEDULED for Monday, February 23, 2015 at 7pm.
• Rowan County offices will be on a two-hour delay Tuesday.
• All non-essential Salisbury city services will operated on a two hour delay Tuesday. Transit services will not operate Tuesday.
• Spencer Town Hall will be on a delay Tuesday, opening at noon. All non-essential employees also are on delay, reporting for work at noon.
• Continental Structural Plastics, All first shift employees report at 7 a.m., Tuesday
• Olde Rowan Fiber Guild open house scheduled for tonight (monday) has been cancelled
• Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, Rufty-Holmes Senior Center and all Lunch Club sites will be closed on Tuesday due to inclement weather conditions. Those with income tax assistance appointments scheduled for Tuesday should call the Center on Wednesday to re-schedule.
• Steppin’ Out Dance Company, All dance classes for Monday (Feb 16th) and Tuesday (Feb 17th) have been cancelled.
• For updates on Novant Health closings visit https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=857162521014730&id=401610979903222
• First United Methodist Church of Salisbury, Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
• Mount Tabor United Methodist Church, Shrove Tuesday Pancake supper scheduled for Tuesday, UMW and the Ash Wednesday service have been cancelled. Watch Facebook for rescheduling.