• 61°

Rowan weather: Talk about a mixed bag

So it was 13 degrees Friday morning and now it’s 54 and we have a chance of isolated thunderstorms this afternoon with gusty winds and cloud to ground lightning. Gotta love this North Carolina weather.

The 60 percent chance of precipitation will be mainly after 3 p.m. It should be cloudy, but warm, with a high near 60. Tonight, the chance of rain drops to 40 percent, with a low of 39. The wind picks up to about 10 mph tonight, from the north. All told, we should see maybe a quarter of an inch of rain.

It will be partly sunny Tuesday, with a high near 53 and, you guessed it, more wind. Sustained winds from the north will be at 10-13 mph, with gusts up to 22 mph. The low dips down to 30 Tuesday night.

Wednesday should be sunny and 56, with calming winds. The low will be around 35 degrees.

Thursday looks mostly sunny with a high near 52, but a frigid low of 20.

The cold settles in for Friday, with mostly sunny skies, but a high of just 37 degrees. And expect more frigid cold, with a low of 22. It’s Friday the 13th, so what did you expect?

Valentine’s Day will be mostly sunny but chilly, with a high near 45 and a low around 20. The perfect weather for snuggling.

Sunday will be cold again, with sunny skies, but a high of just 37. Hope you didn’t put your sweaters away this weekend.

Comments

Crime

Salisbury man charged with exploitation of minor

Crime

Road rage incident results in assault charges

Local

Dukeville lead testing results trickle in, more participation needed

Education

Faith Academy interviewing staff, preparing site for fall opening

News

Volunteers work around obstacles, alter procedures to offer free tax services to those in need

Education

Education shoutouts

Local

Retired Marine gets recognition for toy collection efforts

Local

March issue of Salisbury the Magazine is now available

Education

Five get Dunbar School Heritage Scholarships

Education

Education briefs: Salisbury Academy fourth-graders think big as inventors

Education

Bakari Sellers keynote speaker at Livingstone College Founder’s Day program

Nation/World

Biden aims to distribute masks to millions in ‘equity’ push

Nation/World

Chief: Capitol Police were warned of violence before riot

Nation/World

GOP rallies solidly against Democrats’ virus relief package

Nation/World

FDA says single-dose shot from Johnson & Johnson prevents severe COVID

High School

Coaches, lawmakers react to governor’s order expanding sporting event capacity

Coronavirus

Three new COVID-19 deaths, positives remain below triple digits

BREAKING NEWS

Gov. Cooper announces end to curfew, changes to restrictions affecting bars, high school sports

Crime

Blotter: Two charged after call about package

Crime

Salisbury Police investigating two shootings

Crime

Chase involving Kernersville man ends in woods behind Carson High School

News Main

North Rowan girls end season with playoff loss to Murphy

Education

Rowan-Salisbury EC department plunges in place after raising $1,300 for Special Olympics

Nation/World

Tiger Woods injured in car crash, has surgery on legs