Answers to news quiz
1. A. At her casual, comfortable and a little crazy Super Bowl parties, Meadows provides two TVs — one for people who want to watch the commercials, the other for those paying attention to the game.
2. A. Governor Martin’s new book is titled, “Revelation Through Science.”
3. D. Fleming Candy Co. has developed a strong following among fishermen for the tackle it sells.
4. B. Ingram is being asked to develop Catawba College’s nursing program and initially recruit registered nurses who seek to upgrade their credentials by earning a bachelor of science in nursing.
5. C. Ford, named chairman of the Local Government Committee, was appointed to eight committees in all.
6. C. Warren received seven total committee appointments, including chairmanship of the Public Utilities Committee.
7. D. A veteran stage, TV and film actor, Carroll played the role of a father in the most recent “Grey’s Anatomy” episode.
8. B. Waters, whose studio was in Lexington, began supplementing his income in 1936 by filming ordinary people in small Southern towns, then showing the silent movies at local movie houses before the feature film. From 1936 to 1942, he made 252 “Movies of Local People,” including films in Salisbury and Kannapolis.
9. A. Google’s research arm hopes to partner with Duke University in collecting genetic and molecular information from volunteers “to create what the company hopes will be the fullest picture of what a healthy human being should be.”
10. B. Granite Quarry voters will be asked to elect a mayor every two years, starting with this year’s municipal election in November. Until now, they only elected town board members, who would then choose a mayor among themselves.