Answers to news quiz
Published 12:00 am Sunday, January 11, 2015
1. C. Fire departments from Rowan, Iredell and Cabarrus counties responded to the Mid-State Manufacturing fire on Corriher Grange Road.
2. A. Ricky Delk of the American Red Cross says illnesses such as the flu reduce the number of people able to donate blood during the winter. Bad weather also discourages potential donors.
3. B. The 24-block project area takes in Innes Street from Church Street to Interstate 85 and Long Street from Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue to Bringle Ferry Road.
4. A. Smyre believes if the community is educated about police traffic stop procedures, it could prevent a lot of unnecessary incidents.
5. C. Granite Quarry is moving toward a separate mayoral election in November. At present, elected aldermen choose a mayor among themselves every two years.
6. B. The pricing for services ranged from $60 to $160, depending on the length of time, the clothing worn by employees and what was provided.
7. D. Police raided and confiscated equipment at sweepstakes cafes that were still in operation on South Main Street, Jake Alexander Boulevard and East Innes Street.
8. D. The Carolina Panthers are collaborating with Piedmont Players on the play about legendary Green Bay Packers coach Vince Lombardi.
9. B. Winterim focused on specialty classes, including a biology lab, cooking, outdoor survival, auto mechanics, sign language, card games, senior projects and World War II.
10. A. The Joe El-Khouri Bridge over the Valley River is located in Andrews.