Town Crier Community Events week of Jan. 5-11
- Tourism Master Plan Committee, noon, Gateway Building, 204 E. Innes St.
- Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 3 p.m., Rowan County Administrative Bldg., 130 W. Innes St.
- Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 3:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church St., SE, Concord.
- Covenant Community Connection, 5 p.m. City office bldg., 132 N. Main St., 704-638-5217, www.srhrc.org
- East Spencer Board of Aldermen, 6:30 p.m., Town Hall, 105 S. Long St., East Spencer.
- Landis Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 312 S. Main St., Landis.
- Granite Quarry Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., municipal building, 143 N. Salisbury Ave., Granite Quarry.
- Harold B. Jarrett American Legion, dinner 7 p.m., meeting follows meal.
- Kannapolis History Associates, 7 p.m., on Kannapolis’s Centerview community. A. L. Brown High School social room, 415 E. First St., Kannapolis. Information 704-796-0803.
Tuesday, Jan. 6
- Free coffee and doughnuts for veterans, 9-11 a.m., Frontier Coffee Shoppe in Thelma’s Restaurant, West End Plaza.
- TOPS NC 437, 10 a.m., Lane St. Baptist Church, 2532 Lane St., Kannapolis. Weigh-ins 9:30 a.m. Information Linda Ramsey, 704-938-3634.
- Rowan Parkinson’s support group, 1 p.m., First Presbyterian education building, Fisher St. 704-633-3181.
- Salisbury City Council, 4 p.m., City Hall, 217 S. Main St. (Shown on Access16 Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays at 9 a.m., 3 p.m., 8 p.m.)
- Rowan County Veteran Council, 6:30 p.m., for location call Homer 704-636-5688 or Hercules 704-798-2032.
- China Grove Town Board, 6:30 p.m., Town Hall, 333 N. Main St., China Grove, 704-857-2466.
Wednesday, Jan. 7
- Salisbury Rowan County Convention & Visitors Bureau master plan committee, noon, Gateway Building, 204 E. Innes St.
- Salisbury Community Appearance Commission, 4 p.m., Council Chambers, 217 S. Main St.
- Monthly Wednesday meal, 5:30-until, Mt. Zion United Church of Christ, 1415 S. Main St., $8, take out available.
Thursday, Jan. 8
- People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. W., Glenda Edwards 828-310-8491, email@example.com
- Human Relations Council executive committee, 4:30 p.m. City office bldg., 132 N. Main St., 704-638-5217, www.srhrc.org
- Salisbury Historic Preservation Commission, 5:15 p.m., City Council Chambers.
- Fulton Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
- AAUW (American Association of University Women), 6:30 p.m., Salisbury Women’s Club, 1237 Old W. Innes St., 704-636-6082, http://salisbury-nc.aauw.net
- Circle of Hope support group for parents grieving the loss of a child, 7-8:30 p.m., 2290 Statesville Blvd. Lori Yang, 704-630-0319.
Friday, Jan. 9
- CMA: Christian Motorcyclist Association, 7 p.m., Blue Bay Restaurant, East Innes St. 704-798-7380.
Saturday, Jan. 10
- Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., Connect Christian Church, 3101 Davidson Highway, Concord. www.goldminetoastmasters.com