Blotter: Woman finds old bullet hole in home
A woman found a bullet hole in her home Thursday, but she and police believe it’s been there for a while.
Wilma Cowan Carson, 88, was walking around her house when she spotted a bullet hole in the wall, according to Salisbury Police Capt. Melanie Thompson.
Carson, who lives in the 400 block of Institute Street, told police that there haven’t been any shootings nearby recently, so she believes the bullet hole came from an incident that took place this summer.
In other police reports:
- A woman reported credit card fraud on Tuesday.
- A woman reported that her property was damaged in a hit and run in the 1900 block of W. Jake Alexander Boulevard.
- A woman reported that her motor vehicle was vandalized in the 300 block of Dana Drive Wednesday.
- A woman reported that her car was vandalized in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
- A woman reported that she was assaulted in the 100 block of Mahaley Avenue Thursday.
- A woman reported that her wallet was stolen in the 1500 block of West Innes Street Thursday.
- A woman reported a burglary in the 300 block of S. Oakhurst Drive Thursday.
- John Wayne Gray, 42, was charged with resist, delay or obstruct of a public officer and with trying to run a victim over with a car.
- Jean Marie Williams, 50, was charged with misdemanor larceny in the 1900 block of W. Jake Alexander Boulevard.
- William John Leuer, 50, was charged with uttering a forged instrument and forging bank notes. He was issued a $5,000 bond.
- Michael Leonard Gienko, 48, was charged with resist, delay and obstruct a public officer. He was issued a $1,000 bail.
- Jackie Ovester Mitchell, 55, was charged with possession of stolen goods, possession of a firearm by a felon and carring a concealed gun in the 200 block of East 11th Street on Thursday. She was issued a $25,000 bond.
In sheriff’s reports:
- Stolen jewelry was recovered at Frank’s Pawn Shop, located in the 100 block of North Main Street.
- A man reported that the ignition lock was damaged and two lottery tickets were stolen from his pickup truck that was broken into in the 1300 block of Julius Drive on Tuesday.
- A stolen car was located in the 400 block of Luther Barger Road Tuesday.
- A woman reported vandalism in the 1100 block of Freedle Lane Tuesday.
- A woman reported that her car was stolen from the 200 block of Allman Farm Road in Kannapolis between Dec. 27 and Tuesday.
- A woman reported that her tires had been cut in the 500 block of Shuping Mill Road between Saturday and Tuesday.
- A man reported that former renters took property belonging to the landlord Tuesday.
- A man reported that his home in the 200 block of Blake Road in Kannapolis was broken into and some items were stolen Monday or Tuesday.
- Jeremy Lane Parham, 29, was charged with breaking and entering a railroad car or other vehicle in the 2700 block of West C Street in Kannapolis Tuesday.
- Adam Shane Henry, 30, was charged with cyber stalking Tuesday.
- Keyonta Marquez Garlin, 22, was charged with assault on a female Tuesday.
- Dustin Matthew Polston, 24, was charged with driving while his license was revoked in the 8900 block of Unity Church Road in Mooresville Tuesday.
- Brandon Allen Alexander Collins, 30, was charged with injury to personal property in the 300 block of Walter Corriher Road in China Grove on Tuesday.\• Johnny Wayne Miller, 34, was charged with communicating threats in the 100 block of Briarwood Lake Drive on Tuesday.
- A man reported that his wallet was stolen out of his truck in the 9300 block of Dogwood Road Tuesday or Wednesday.
- A woman reported credit card fraud in the 100 block of timberlake Court Wednesday.
- A man reported a burglary in the 19200 block of Old Beatty Ford Road in Gold Hill Wednesday.
- A vacant home in the 1500 block of North Main Street in China Grove was broken into between Dec. 10 and Wednesday.
- A man reported a burglary in the 100 block of Quail Meadow Lane Wednesday.
- William Sylvester, 22, was charged with felony breaking and entering a building Wednesday.
- David Ray Stiller, 29, was charged with credit card fraud in the 1000 block of North Main Street Wednesday.
- Aaron Lee Brown, 25, was charged with common law robbery in the 7300 block of Unity Church Road in Kannapolis Wednesday.
- Amanda Sue Roach, 22, was charged with taking a financial transaction card Wednesday.
- Willie Wilkes, 34, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon in the 535 block of Neely Town Road in China Grove.
- Isaac Shirl Mccullough, 29, was charged with disorderly conduct in the 3025 Airport Road.
By Michael Maddox W.G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center Public Affairs Any successful organization knows that to be fruitful, you... read more