Town Crier Community Events Dec. 15-21
- Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 6 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
- Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 6:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church St., SE, Concord.
- Harold B. Jarrett American Legion, dinner 7 p.m., meeting follows meal.
- Spencer Historic Preservation Commission, 7 p.m., Town Hall.
Tuesday, Dec. 16
- Free coffee and doughnuts for veterans, 9-11 a.m., Frontier Coffee Shoppe in Thelma’s Restaurant, West End Plaza.
- TOPS NC 437, 10 a.m., Lane St. Baptist Church, 2532 Lane St., Kannapolis. Weigh-ins 9:30 a.m. Information Linda Ramsey, 704-938-3634.
- Rowan County Senior Democrats, 1 p.m., RPL Hurley Room, 201 W. Fisher St., speaker Randy Voller, chair of the NC Dem Party. Information Hoy 704-603-8029 or email@example.com
- Salisbury City Council, 4 p.m., City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
- VFW Post 9131, 6:30 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road, Commander Hercules Shannon, 704-798-2032.
- American Legion, Faith Post 327, 7 p.m., Commander Kevin Cauble, 704-279-1430.
Wednesday, Dec. 17
- Rowan Museum Board of Trustees, 4 p.m., 202 N. Main St.
- TLC support group for widows/widowers, Powles Funeral Home, 913 W. Main St., Rockwell. Russ Roakes 704-279-7241.
- South Salisbury Fire Department public hearing for capital building project. 7 p.m., Fire Station, 3207 Old Concord Road.
- Scam Jam, 1-4 p.m. at Rufty-Holmes Senior Center. 1120 MLK Ave. Presenters from state and local agencies with information to help keep from being a victim and scammed. Free. Pre-register at 704-216-7714.
- Free hot stew and soup meal at Pine Ridge Baptist Church, 880 Old Linn Road, China Grove, in the fellowship building at 6:30 p.m. followed by Christmas carols. Information 704-857-3182 or 704-279-0574
Thursday, Dec. 18
- People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. W., Glenda Edwards 828-310-8491, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Review Committee for the City of Salisbury, 9 a.m., Plaza seminar room, 100 W. Innes St.
- Human Relations Council, 5:30 p.m., City office bldg., 132 N. Main St., 704-638-5217, email@example.com, www.srhrc.org
- Andrew Jackson Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
- Eureka Lodge #45, 7 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road. 704-636-3267 or 7040-798-2032.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 8989, 7 p.m., 2500 N. Cannon Blvd., Kannapolis, Commander Mike Golembiowski, 704-933-6186.
Saturday, Dec. 20
- Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., Rotary Hall Kannapolis, 211 West Ave.
- Salisbury Farmers Market, 9 a.m.-noon, at West Fisher and South Jackson streets.
- Delta Sigma Theta, Salisbury Alumnae Chapter, 10 a.m., Monica Green, 704-636-4875.
- Cavaliers Care, hosted by FCA/SGA North Rowan High School Saturday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Families in the North Rowan District invited to a time of games, food, music and toys; free lunch, free grocery box (one small box per family), free presents (adult may select one gift for each child attending.) While supplies last, first come, first served. Preregister for lunch at 704-636-7693.
• Listings based on last best information received. Confirm events before attending.
• Find Christmas and arts & entertainment events in Thursday’s Time Out or at www.salisburypost.com > Entertainment
By Ester Marsh New Year’s is right around the corner! Have you made a New Years resolution? Not that you... read more