Answers to news quiz
1. D. The new formula, which determined an Old Beatty Ford Road interchange didn’t score high enough, came from a 2013 law designed to take politics out of transportation project decisions.
2. A. The department apparently failed to document that enough people had responded to two fires. At least four personnel and a fire engine must respond to all structure fire calls.
3. C. Johannes Plott brought five dogs with him to America from Germany in 1750.
4. A. Herbert went by the name of John Savage as a professional wrestler
5. B. The jobless rate peaked at 14.5 percent in 2010.
6. D. The Yadkin Path Montessori is planned for the former Camp Kiwanis property.
7. C. Hunter is the school board’s new vice chairman.
8. C. Grand Marshal Helen Beaver was the first woman elected to Kannapolis City Council after the city was incorporated in 1984.
9. A. As a 17-year-old based out of a Civil Air Patrol station in Manteo, Russell flew a private plane up and down the Atlantic Coast on the lookout for German U-boats.
10. B. The couple did not show up for a custody hearing on their younger children, Sadie and Toby.
SALISBURY — When he puts these dinner jackets on, Rick McCombs can’t help but throw around words such as “snazzy,” “spiffy”... read more