Man drops marijuana from pocket at local bar, arrested
A Salisbury man was charged with simple possession of marijuana this weekend after a small bag of marijuana fell from his pocket while at a local bar. The incident occurred Saturday around 1:30 a.m., a report said.
Salisbury Police charged Jerique Wayne Smith, 23, of the 2600 block of Grubb Ferry Road, with possession of one gram of marijuana.
An off-duty officer providing security at Benchwarmers, 113 E. Fisher St., was at the doorway when Smith reached into his pocket to pull out money and a small bag of marijuana fell out of his pocket and onto the floor.
Smith was convicted in 2012 of misdemeanor assault on a female.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported on Monday someone stole items from her vehicle in the 1600 block of Lakewood Drive.
• A man reported on Monday someone took his car without permission between Dec. 4 and Monday in the 700 block of Hamilton Drive.
• A man reported on Monday someone took his credit card and made purchases at Wilco-Hess, Circle K and Italy Cafe.
• Clarence Albert Hall, 48, was charged on Monday with unauthorized use of motor vehicle from the 2200 block of Woodleaf Road.
• Tomanche Mysheme Jackson, 17, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 500 block of McCubbins Street.
In Sheriff’s reports:
• Benham Real Estate Group reported on Friday someone burglarized a building sometime between Nov. 25 and Dec. 4 in the 600 block of East 22nd Street, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Friday he believed his ex-girlfriend obtained a loan using his information without his permission sometime between Nov. 5 and Dec. 4 in the 100 block of Paige Drive.
• North China Grove Motor reported on Friday someone stole a dump trailer from the business located in the 1400 block of North Main Street, China Grove.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of vandalism in the 1900 block of Michelle Drive.
• A man reported on Friday a burglary occurred in the 100 block of Olivia Lane.
• Latisha Deshawn Massey, 37, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 100 block of South Central Avenue, Landis.
• Victor Manuel Garcia, 34, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 600 block of Geneva Drive, Rockwell.
• Justus Paul McCracken, 22, was charged on Saturday with felony safecracking in the 1700 block of Edmiston Road, Mount Ulla.
• Eva Drye Smith, 56, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor resist, delay not aggravated in the 3000 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• Kristin Michelle Niehoff, 25, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 1900 block of Briggs Road.
• Brittany Nicole Robinette, 22, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Louann McKay Letscher, 61, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor breaking and entering, Lynn Burhans Goans, 42, with misdemeanor domestic criminal trespass, and Charles Henry Burhans, 61, with misdemeanor breaking and entering, all of which occurred in the 3300 block of Deal Road, Mooresville.
• Jason William Johnson, 40, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 1400 block of Majolica Road.
• Danny Nathan Nunn, 27, was charged on Sunday with felony breaking and entering in the 700 block of Ned Marsh Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.