Winter weather safety tips from Ready Rowan
Winter does not arrive until Dec. 21, but we’ve had lots of cold weather already. Ready Rowan offers these tips for cold weather safety:
• Keep alternative heating sources prepared. Keep fire extinguishers on hand. Be sure your family knows how to use them.
• Use a NOAA Weather Radio. Monitor it for changing weather conditions.
• Dress warmly. Wear multiple layers of thin clothing instead of a single layer of thick clothing to stay warm. Wear hats, gloves, scarves and heavy coats.
• Properly vent kerosene heaters and keep any electric generators outside and away from any open windows or doors to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Do not burn charcoal indoors.
• Always keep at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food in your home.
Comfort Keepers has three opportunities for holiday giving this season. Donations are being accepted at Comfort Keepers Monday – Friday 9... read more